EDDIE JACKSON Says QUEENSRŸCHE Has No Plans To Retire: 'It Would Be Difficult For Me To...

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
QUEENSRŸCHE bassist Eddie Jackson has told Ignite music magazine in a new interview that his band has no plans of retiring anytime soon. "As of right now, I don't really see that," he said (hear audio below). "I always keep saying, as long as we can afford to put fuel in our tour bus, we're just gonna keep rolling down the highway and stop at every city to perform at and continue writing and recording. Personally, I enjoy what I do, and it would be difficult for me to hang it up right now. This sort of experience is pretty awesome." "Listen, being around for over three decades, we've reached out to a lot of fans and we've performed in many countries around the world," he continued. "But it's something that we still enjoy and have a passion for. The difference is this is a totally different lifestyle, because you don't get to come home every night. You're gone for weeks and months at a time. But, like I said, I still enjoy performing, recording, creating music." According to Jackson, the touring lifestyle is not only hard on his family members, "It can be hard on yourself as well, because of all the early wakeups, whether there's photo sessions or interviews or early flights; you have a 3 a.m. or 4 a.m. wake-up call to make the lobby call downstairs to get to the airport," he said. "It's not for everyone." QUEENSRŸCHE's latest album, "The Verdict", was released March 1 via Century Media Records. The disc was produced, mixed, and mastered by Chris "Zeuss" Harris (ROB ZOMBIE, ICED EARTH, HATEBREED) at Uberbeatz in Lynwood, Washington; Planet-Z in Wilbraham, Massachusetts; and Watershed Studio in Seattle, Washington. "The Verdict" marks QUEENSRŸCHE's third full-length release with singer Todd La Torre, following the departure of Geoff Tate in 2012. For the past two years, drummer Scott Rockenfield has been taking time off from QUEENSRŸCHE's touring activities to spend time with his young son, who was born in early 2017. Filling in for him is former KAMELOT drummer Casey Grillo. La Torre, who has played drums since the age of 13, laid down the drum tracks on "The Verdict".

Continue reading...