Eddie Trunk gives a nice shout out to Testament on his site:

Armed & Dangerous

New Metal Member
Apr 5, 2005
From Eiddie Trunks website regarding re-recording past albums:

"I was sent a copy of the re-recorded Kiss classics by a listener. Many have asked what my thoughts are on this. Its important to note the real reason why most bands do this; to own the master recording. If someone goes to Kiss and wants to use a classic song in a commercial or film they have to pay much more for the original owned by the record label. But if you own a rerecording and can convince them to take that version you can make much more money. Problem is that most fans, and anyone with a clue in the business, want the original. A great example of a re-record working is in the new film The Wrestler. The budget was real limited so the film purchased an alternate version of Ratt songs much cheaper, and unless your a freak fan like me, many would not know watching the film. Now some bands actually do this because they want to be creative and revisit old stuff and make the production better and updated. The best positive example of this is Testament. They are one of the few bands that actually did better stuff on some of the old tracks. That album is called First Strike Still Deadly and many of those versions, with the original band, crush the original recordings. Twisted Sister, rerecorded Stay Hungry. Did not connect with people that lived with and loved the original. In the case of this Kiss CD, which feature Thayer and Singer, there is no reason at all to favor these over the originals. It is only available in Japan and is pretty basic re-recorded versions. Nothing new or different except the two different musicians, in some cases much more bare production, lesser vocals, and none of the magic. It's not awful, but there is just no point to having it over the original versions of any of these songs, unless your an ad or film exec that needs a deal on one of these songs. I hear Kiss is doing a new CD which will be of much more interest to me, although I still maintain I wish they would give Tommy and Eric their own identity! Just plain weird any other way."

Here is the link http://www.eddietrunk.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/406312/pid/401816

Eddie once again speaks the truth!!

Props! Eddie Trunk was a DJ that did lot for metal bands back in the day.Overkill credits him with a lot of support and if you are playing Overkill on the radio you really are a friend of metal! He also is the host of 'That Metal Show" on one of the VH1's