Edguy - Superheroes (cover)

88mph

manbearpig
Sep 26, 2008
I tried to capture the warmness on Edguy's Superheroes. I did some vocals but they suck. So I removed them.

Drums: s2.0
Bass: Hyperion bass->tube/tape warmer->simulanalog sd-1 -> studiodevil
Guitars: sim. sd-1 -> sim jcm900. 2 tracks. hp/lp filter on bus channel. Also another tubetape warmer.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/819470/superheroes-01.mp3

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-hG4l2gs-A&feature=fvst[/ame]
(that's the original song, Sascha Paeth did an amazing job.)

Well done, close to the original, but guitars could be better. The rest is perfectly imitated.
Great band, great song, great vid...
I don't like the keyboards after "cry for love", is very AORish.
I'd like a cover of "Trinidad"

Actually, sounds pretty good. Just two main things I would work on:

1. Either try a different amp sim (there's SO many great free ones to choose from), or use the Simulanalog JCM900BYPASS version, that lets you load a specific IR to effectively bypass the internal cab sim, and then load your own, better sounding cab. (head over to guitarampmodeling.com and search for it)

2. Compress those piano single notes during the chorus. They jump out too much.

But all in all, good job!

Actually, sounds pretty good. Just two main things I would work on:

1. Either try a different amp sim (there's SO many great free ones to choose from), or use the Simulanalog JCM900BYPASS version, that lets you load a specific IR to effectively bypass the internal cab sim, and then load your own, better sounding cab. (head over to guitarampmodeling.com and search for it)

2. Compress those piano single notes during the chorus. They jump out too much.

But all in all, good job!

1. I've got so many ampsins but in the end, I like jcm900's mid rangey sound and go for it. I didn't even know there's preamp version of the amp before today.

2. You may be right, after you pointed it out I listened it again it kinda distrubed me.

Thanks for your advice and comments. It means a lot:)

Well done, close to the original, but guitars could be better. The rest is perfectly imitated.
Great band, great song, great vid...
I don't like the keyboards after "cry for love", is very AORish.
I'd like a cover of "Trinidad"

Gonna check the guitars for better results. I agree, Tobi is a great songwriter. He listens lots of Journey those days I think:)
As for your Trinidad request, I'll think about:)

Thanks for your comments, I appreciate it:)

1. I've got so many ampsins but in the end, I like jcm900's mid rangey sound and go for it. I didn't even know there's preamp version of the amp before today.

2. You may be right, after you pointed it out I listened it again it kinda distrubed me.

Thanks for your advice and comments. It means a lot:)

Check your PM.