Ellefson back in Megadeth!!!

aliasp

Old School since '86
Oct 26, 2003
WOW!!!!!!!

Dave & Dave have kissed and made up. Ellefson's back in Megadeth!!!

That's great for the fans and all that since he's an original.

But ol' Mustaine - always trying to fix something that wasn't broke. Lomenzo was fucking badass live (in fact, better than when I saw them with Ellefson).

LoMenzo was leaving anyway. Apparently rejoining White Lion.

That's not true. White Lion will never get back together. James was just asked that in an interview. They talked about Megadeth and Endgame for like 45 minutes, and then the interviewer brought up that he was a huge White Lion fan, and asked him "If it wouldnt conflict with Megadeth, would you rejoin White Lion" and he humored the guy and said yeah it would be cool. But I asked him about it and he told me that it's probably never going to happen and that it wouldn't even be worth doing.

And he wasn't really going to leave Megadeth either (I know this for sure) - they did this Ellefson thing behind his back and he was forced out. He's not too upset about it though, working for Mustaine isn't the easiest thing - and James likes to be able to JAM - and in Megadeth you have to play the same thing exactly every night.

Deege - thanks for the inside scoop and clearing up my previous post. I had the pleasure of seeing LoMenzo twice with Megadeth and he was great. Sad about how he had to go but talented enough that he can go onto other good things.

All the best JL.

Yeah it is great news for Megadeth fans, for sure. I'm disappointed by it - but that's because I know James Lomenzo (doing his website for him soon). But if it was anyone else who got the boot for Ellefson to come back, I would have been thrilled that he was back.

hmmm... I agree 'bout Junior being crucial for Megadeth's sound but somehow I wasn't ever happy with Menza's performances... RIP is great album...but after that lineup of Megadeth went kinda poppy...

T:)

hmmm... I agree 'bout Junior being crucial for Megadeth's sound but somehow I wasn't ever happy with Menza's performances... RIP is great album...but after that lineup of Megadeth went kinda poppy...

T:)

yes each album got weaker and weaker for the most part.. I believe that was mostly do to Marty Friedman though...