Elysian Blaze - Levitating the Carnal

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Note: this release comes with the Ars Magna seal of approval.

OK so based on ONE track I've heard (the one that swizzle offered up), I would say this band -- or at least, the album "levitating the carnal" -- should appeal to fans of Skepticism's "Stormcrowfleet".

I'm not suggesting EB are funeral doom (although neither is Stormcrowfleet to be fair) but the two releases could co-exist in the same netherworld. Where "Stormcrowfleet" made great use of organ, "Levitating the Carnal" uses a piano to great effect. Some very definite classical structures as well.

Anyway, I don't want to run off on a tangent, but based on the one 10 minute opus, it was *good* and they probably need this dedicated thread just so folks like MFJ can check it out because I know how much he loves a fleet of stormcrows.

Swizzles, compile a folder of all the shit that's been talked about lately for me to listen to.

OK so based on ONE track I've heard (the one that swizzle offered up), I would say this band -- or at least, the album "levitating the carnal" -- should appeal to fans of Skepticism's "Stormcrowfleet".

I'm not suggesting EB are funeral doom (although neither is Stormcrowfleet to be fair) but the two releases could co-exist in the same netherworld. Where "Stormcrowfleet" made great use of organ, "Levitating the Carnal" uses a piano to great effect. Some very definite classical structures as well.

I think someone else called is "ambient BM" in another thread which really didn't make me want to check them out, but seeing as Stormcrowfleet is easily one of my favourite albums ever, I should probably put that right.