Emily:

Will Bozarth

Everlasting Godstopper
Jan 26, 2002
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Battle of Gettysburg 'witness tree' falls in storm

Sat Aug 9, 1:27 PM ET

GETTYSBURG, Pa. - Standing just 150 feet from the platform on which President Abraham Lincoln delivered his most famous speech, one of the few remaining "witness trees" to the Battle of Gettysburg has been severely damaged by a storm, National Park Service officials said.
ADVERTISEMENT

The huge honey locust tree on Cemetery Hill fell Thursday evening.

"The top of it is totally broken off, and (the storm) severely damaged 70 to 80 percent of the tree," Gettysburg National Military Park spokeswoman Jo Sanders said. "That means there's not a whole lot left of it. But it didn't kill the tree."

The tree, which stood on the right side of the Union lines, "was there as a silent witness — to the battle, to the aftermath, to the burials, to the dedication of the cemetery," park historian John Heiser said.

"I have no doubt that Union soldiers sat under it for all three days of the battle," he said.

Park maintenance officials will assess what to do with the remains of the tree.

"When it's something this bad, it's highly doubtful that a tree like that can survive," Heiser said.

Heiser said he knows of only three other witness trees that still stand in the heart of the battlefield.

"It's a shame when you lose the last living entities on this battlefield," he said. "Nothing lives forever, unfortunately."

We%20will%20Never%20Forget%209-11-01.JPG

Considering eagles only have nictating membranes that are lubricated, I don't see it possible that they can cry like a human. Silly painting.

Except being Mexican, female, over 40, and thin. They're all fucking HUGE.

And it seems more and more, the land of the free is actually Nunavut. Or Alberta.

At least if he went all country he'd have a legitimate reason to suck, not to mention a legitimate reason to not play burnt offerings material live.

Night of the Stormrider is awesome as well, but really, what the fuck happened? Dark Saga is about spawn, could have been fucking hateful but it was a ballad fest, wtf shaffer, everything since as sucked, door is closed for IE as far as I'm concerned, well Alive in Athens is fucking awesome, only for the only songs being sung by barlow.

Considering eagles only have nictating membranes that are lubricated, I don't see it possible that they can cry like a human. Silly painting.
I think the reference of the eagle crying has less to do with tears and more to do with the vocal-side of crying. like a powerful, emotional-filled caw or something.