EMMURE: 'Natural Born Killers' Live Performance Video Released

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
EMMURE's new live performance video for the song "Natural Born Killers" can be seen below. The track is taken from the band's latest album, "Look At Yourself", which was released in March 2017. The follow-up to the 2014's "Eternal Enemies" marked EMMURE's first release with SharpTone Records. EMMURE frontman Frankie Palmeri told Distorted Sound about "Look At Yourself": "It trumps everything else I've ever done creatively. Even I hear the record and I'm, like, 'I can't believe that I was a part of that.' It's surreal. That's how good the record is to me. I'm very proud of what we did in 2017, now in 2018 there's gonna be another record that comes out and it's gonna be a similar band, so hopefully when we get our next album out, it'll be a chance to show face. I'm really happy with what we accomplished." Asked if he would say EMMURE's new material is "an evolution" from the band's previous releases, Frankie said: "Honestly, not really. The reason why it was such a leg up was not only from teaming up with [guitarist] Josh [Travis] being such a jump up in ability for the band, I was also able to sit down with someone who if I told them an idea, they'd say, 'Okay, let's do it.' Rather than three or four people being, like, 'Oh, I don't like it. I like my idea. I like my riff better,' and so on. Almost every EMMURE album, there are points that I like, but I've never been able to say an EMMURE album is good front to back, apart from this one. Every single track makes sense. Whether or not people can understand how much better it is, that's their loss. The songwriting is better, the tone of the album is huge, there are so many things about it that are just above and beyond anything we've done before. It's great that people enjoy the past records — I'm not taking that away from them — but this is definitely our best. I don't even know what we're gonna do after this record! [Laughs]" The new lineup of EMMURE made its live debut in April 2016 in Oberhausen, Germany. Joining Palmeri in the band's latest incarnation are Travis (GLASS CLOUD, ex-THE TONY DANZA TAPDANCE EXTRAVAGANZA), bassist Phil Lockett (ex-THE TONY DANZA TAPDANCE EXTRAVAGANZA) and drummer Josh Miller (ex-GLASS CLOUD).

Continue reading...