endorsement

daulton

Jun 25, 2007
Is it possible for an unsigned band to get a endorsement contract from certain musical companies?

Interesting....

I've worked as a design engineer for many years now doing high end comercial audio products...
As a guitar player as well I've often toyed with the idea of designing some guitar gear.... But I know very little of the marketing in the MI buisness.
Now I'd never really expect to sell many, and some people that have tried designing MI products (and even have got as far as reviews in guitar mags etc..) tell me that without endorsment (ideally some big names), you get nowhere...

The bit that has me suprised, when I looked, is that you have endoresed lots of brands - like Jackson etc, but you still use a range of other brands/makes of guitars?
So the endoresment deals arent exclusive?
Dont know why, but I had always assumed that endorsment deals would be exclusive...

So if a small independant like me came up with some designs, could artists/bands give endorsment without upsetting thier other companies/sponsors?

We have more than one guitar company listed because there is more than one person in the band who plays guitar or bass.

I use only G&L basses by choice. I've never asked them if our agreement was exclusive because I've never wanted to play anything else... but I'm sure it's possible to have other arrangements depending on what company you are dealing with.

Even if you are "exclusive", there are always exceptions: there have been a couple times where my bass didn't make it to an overseas gig and I got stuck using whatever bass we could get our hands on at the last minute..it was either that or not playing at all....sometimes you don't have a choice.

Thanks Wanda..

oops, guess I should have thought more than one guitar/bass player in the band might have something to do with it!
Anyone else in the band (or not) with an endorsement deal got anything they can add? (other than pointing out how many different typos I can do for endorsement in one post...)
Guess this isnt the smartest Q for me to ask in a public forum,-details on private contracts...
Still I'd be interested if there is anything that anyone can add.