ENSIFERUM To Record New Album Next Summer

mevyhetal

Aug 27, 2004
http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=41146

Finnish folk-influenced melodic death metal band ENSIFERUM, now featuring in its ranks NORTHER frontman Petri Lindroos, will enter Sonic Pump studios in Helsinki in November to record a mini-CD containing one new track, new studio recordings of several old demo songs, and a couple of traditional Finnish folk covers. The as-yet-untitled effort will be released in early 2006. The group's next full-length release is scheduled to be recorded in the summer of 2006.

ENSIFERUM's sophomore album, "Iron", was released in April 2004 through Spinefarm Records. The follow-up to 2001's "Ensiferum" was recorded in the summer of 2003 at Sweet Silence studios in Copenhagen, Denmark with producer Flemming Rasmussen (METALLICA, ARTILLERY).

-

They fux0ring rule :kickass:

Wtf? Norther's frontman? Is he singing for them or what? That would be horrible.. I hate Norther's unimaginative songwriting and his thin creaky voice.. fuck

TheSeldomlaid said:
He actually does a pretty good job. I was sceptic myself, but they kicked ass at Wacken :D

I was too, but after the Tuska 2004 gig I think he does a good job indeed. I'm not so sure he can match Jaris songwriting or clean singing in this genre though (he does a good job in Norther, but thats different)

Without Jari's trademark songwriting this band will not be the same. I think Norther is a decent band but not as good as the original Ensiferum, this band will probaly start to sound like Norther #2 but lets hope they can prevail.

I'm pretty curious and sceptic, too, when it comes to the next album. Dunno how the lyrics will be like...I don't think petri will write similar lyrics as on norther, but i also don't think that he has the same skills as jari .........well, let's hope and see ;)

Well, i liked the songwriting most about the Ensiferum stuff, so I'm actually very positive...maybe he will do worse on the clean parts...but i don't care 'cause they're not my favourite Ensiferum parts; although i admit that they are cool.

i think if there will be clean parts markus or sami will sing them just like during the live shows...cos petri just can't sing :p . and i don't think petri writes all lyrics, or writes any after all...cos markus is the head of the band. i was told it's gonna be a kickass album and i trust markus' songwriting skills cos he has done a great job with the other albums already. can't wait to hear it. ENSIFERUM RULEEZZZ :headbang: