Entire estore 50% sale Nov. 18th

J. Golden

Heaven and Hell Records
Oct 12, 2009
here
www.heavenandhellrecords.com

Instead of jumping the bandwagon and doing a Cyber-Monday sale and putting everyone on the spot having to shop around, we decided to do a sale earlier. No only earlier put we are doing a whole %50 off of everything. Now we already have the best prices anywhere with FRRE shipping included, and now %50 off on top of that.

Hell of a deal. I'll be ordering for sure. Two questions though, why aren't the bootleg presses (angel dust etc.) noted as such and how do I know what I order isn't a bootleg (sabbath-Tyr)?

Hell of a deal. I'll be ordering for sure. Two questions though, why aren't the bootleg presses (angel dust etc.) noted as such and how do I know what I order isn't a bootleg (sabbath-Tyr)?

"well, considering the album you mentioned hasn't been in print for a decade I would assume a collector would understand what it is I am selling...."

I don't have any of the Sabbath or Angel Dust anyway. But hey you can get the Sabbath on Amazon for $50

"well, considering the album you mentioned hasn't been in print for a decade I would assume a collector would understand what it is I am selling...."

I don't have any of the Sabbath or Angel Dust anyway. But hey you can get the Sabbath on Amazon for $50

Hey smart ass!!!! So that's why you can't label or point out that they're not "represses"? Dodgy man. There's some stuff on there that could be an original press but I'm not willing to take the chance. What about a new metal head that doesnt know the difference? just happy to take their money? also, Why is he sabbath-Tyr $20 when all your other fakes are $14.99?
Hey, I'd love to buy some stuff from you but I don't want non legit pressings. Can I make a list of stuff I'm interested in, email it to you and ask if its a legit press? Or is everything (other than the diveebomb reissues) A fake?
It was discussed on here before that selling boots is cool with everyone as long as the seller states the pressing is a fake.
Can't put "repress" or "non original" after the label for each title?

Hey smart ass!!!! So that's why you can't label or point out that they're not "represses"? Dodgy man. There's some stuff on there that could be an original press but I'm not willing to take the chance. What about a new metal head that doesnt know the difference? just happy to take their money? also, Why is he sabbath-Tyr $20 when all your other fakes are $14.99?
Hey, I'd love to buy some stuff from you but I don't want non legit pressings. Can I make a list of stuff I'm interested in, email it to you and ask if its a legit press? Or is everything (other than the diveebomb reissues) A fake?
It was discussed on here before that selling boots is cool with everyone as long as the seller states the pressing is a fake.
Can't put "repress" or "non original" after the label for each title?

I gotta agree here. This is the reason I just don't order from Shadow Kingdom Records altogether. If the legit vs. boot was noted on the page, I'd definitely order.

Not to defend either way but estores cannot not really put "bootleg" or "not-legit" on their websites.

The general rule for me is, is it out of print? Has it been for sometime now? If the description doesn't mention reissue or it's not from one if the many reissue labels out there, 99% of the time it's a boot. Boots are rampant and widespread it's the way of the metal world these days when bands and labels choose to not reissue things.

Not to defend either way but estores cannot not really put "bootleg" or "not-legit" on their websites.

The general rule for me is, is it out of print? Has it been for sometime now? If the description doesn't mention reissue or it's not from one if the many reissue labels out there, 99% of the time it's a boot. Boots are rampant and widespread it's the way of the metal world these days when bands and labels choose to not reissue things.

I understand not putting "bootleg" but why even put the label in the first place? "Repress" is fine and I think most people would understand that it's not the original version. Obviously stuff like Angel Dust isn't the original, that's a no brainer, but why have Label: Scratch on the page? I'm pretty confident I know what isn't legit on there but like my example of the Black Sabbath-Tyr album, why is it $20 and not $14.99 like the other fakes? It isn't out of the ordinary for it to sell for around $20 normally so why should I assume it's a fake? The Heathen and Onslaught "Japanese" pressings, are those legit? Who knows? Stating that buyers should understand that they are fakes is a cheap cop out for having to properly inform buyers that they are fakes by labeling things properly, is that too hard to do?
Call me nuts but i would assume the site owner would want to sell as much as possible but this set up is detering people from ordering from him. This doesn't need to be an issue at all.

Goddamn here this goes again.
First of all if you are so clever on what is and isn't boots then you should have no problem then. Secondly I'm so fuckin sick of all these people who point out what is and isn't boots when in many cases they have no goddamn idea what they are talking about. Labels point fingers at labels, collectors (well they are just dicks, and so on. Meanwhile some pass right under your nose and you have no fuckin idea.
As for prices; well not all of these CDs come from the same places so cost is different. But if it makes you feel any better I can put a price of $50.00 on the Sabbath if I ever get anymore. Now that was being a smartass, the first comment was merely a quote from someone else when I asked them how they thought I might reply to you.

I understand not putting "bootleg" but why even put the label in the first place? "Repress" is fine and I think most people would understand that it's not the original version. Obviously stuff like Angel Dust isn't the original, that's a no brainer, but why have Label: Scratch on the page? I'm pretty confident I know what isn't legit on there but like my example of the Black Sabbath-Tyr album, why is it $20 and not $14.99 like the other fakes? It isn't out of the ordinary for it to sell for around $20 normally so why should I assume it's a fake? The Heathen and Onslaught "Japanese" pressings, are those legit? Who knows? Stating that buyers should understand that they are fakes is a cheap cop out for having to properly inform buyers that they are fakes by labeling things properly, is that too hard to do?
Call me nuts but i would assume the site owner would want to sell as much as possible but this set up is detering people from ordering from him. This doesn't need to be an issue at all.

I agree if the metal community could just come up with a "safe" word like repress or something that would be better. I am just saying legally speaking labeling things as "bootleg" on a website isn't going to happen. So I do guess it just goes back to buyer beware, unfortunately.

Most boots I own are generally exact replicas of the original copy. Print isn't usually as crisp as originals, but everything else is the same.

Again, if you two want to have a personal discussion about this, that is cool but we are just retreading the same ground as before. Agreed?

You guys can either decide to do business or not. :)

Oh and on the ANGEL DUST topic I emailed Frank Bankowski about those albums and haven't heard a peep back from him. Going to try and have Bobby S. put in a good word about Divebomb since he loved how the CROWS turned out.

Goddamn here this goes again.
First of all if you are so clever on what is and isn't boots then you should have no problem then. Secondly I'm so fuckin sick of all these people who point out what is and isn't boots when in many cases they have no goddamn idea what they are talking about. Labels point fingers at labels, collectors (well they are just dicks, and so on. Meanwhile some pass right under your nose and you have no fuckin idea.
As for prices; well not all of these CDs come from the same places so cost is different. But if it makes you feel any better I can put a price of $50.00 on the Sabbath if I ever get anymore. Now that was being a smartass, the first comment was merely a quote from someone else when I asked them how they thought I might reply to you.

so you can't put "repress" on your titles? Why is that? If you're so sick and tired, make your product details obvious and you shouldn't get another question/suggestion/criticism...quite simple my business man friend. Also, Tyr doesn't sell for $50, more like $20 (you know, that amount you're selling yours for) for the original press.
So is the Heathen and Onslaught "Japanese imports" original presses or are they bootlegs, imported from Japan?
Look man, you have things i'm interested in buying from you, if that is your goal for your site, I just wanted clarification so that i don't buy something that isn't what I want. i put a basket together that 11 items in it but since i'm such an ignorant pain in the ass, maybe you don't want my business.

I agree if the metal community could just come up with a "safe" word like repress or something that would be better. I am just saying legally speaking labeling things as "bootleg" on a website isn't going to happen. So I do guess it just goes back to buyer beware, unfortunately.

Most boots I own are generally exact replicas of the original copy. Print isn't usually as crisp as originals, but everything else is the same.

Again, if you two want to have a personal discussion about this, that is cool but we are just retreading the same ground as before. Agreed?

You guys can either decide to do business or not. :)

Yeah, sorry Matt, I should have privately sent my last post instead of continuing the pissing match. I guess I just don't understand the whole bootleg business side of metal. I can't for the life of me understand why someone would pay $15+ shipping for a cd made by some regular guy somewhere in the world that a person could make themselves...especially this day in age where the music is very easy to get. Is there a ranking of fake pressings when it comes to quality or something?
Anyway, i'm done with this thread. Sorry to anyone I may have annoyed.

That is an interesting question. I guess I have never been one for printing liner notes out on a computer and nor do I like having a CDR for my audio unless completely necessary. So I buy boots when I have to, which is becoming less and less as more things are being reissued annually. Sure, there will always albums that even the bootleggers won't get their hands on. Some I wish they would like MAGNUM (USA) full length album, etc. just because it's rare as shit and the band is just far to lax to try and make a reissue happen because I have tried and tried. But also something to remember about me is I had a major fire in 2005 and lost THOUSANDS of original pressings of things i had been collecting since the 80s. So to me boots were the only way I was getting some of these albums back at the time.

I generally don't find any difference in quality in bootlegs UNLESS it was something that was only pressed on vinyl originally then you usually have hacks trying to put together crappy layouts and such, but if it was pressed on CD originally, then i usually find the boot to be replica.

Another one I would buy a bootleg of is MORBID SAINT's album simply because of how the band packaged their reissue and did them on CDRs. I personally cannot support that type of inferior product especially when bootleggers are pressing REAL cds and bands only offer up "high quality" CDRs. hahaha, there is no such thing as high quality CDRs in my book.