Entire new Agalloch album is streaming

As with most Agalloch releases, this one will need a few listens to absorb. However, my initial impression was not favorable.

Disagree. I like it right off the bat too. Fanboyism, though, so take it with a grain of salt. Regardless, the production reminds me of The Mantle, and that's a goood thing.

mëtålspëd;9498242 said:
Really? I liked it right off the bat (Not so for AATG.. which still hasn't caught with me). I know you didn't like the White EP though... which I dug the crap out of.
I should probably revisit the White Album at some point. I only spun it once, found it chore to sit through and never revisited it.

The new disc isn't bad, and I may warm to it yet. Not only isn't it what I was expecting (which in and of itself is fine), it just seems to lack the flow and coherence of their previoys works.

I'm surprised to hear AAGT hasn't caught you, as I've always thought of it as their most accessible disc. It and PF are my two favorites.

WIN! The best part is your post is pretty funny whether or not you were being sarcastic.

It was sarcastic, sort of. I normally can't stand songs that span such a timeslot, let alone an album full of them, but I do think Black Lake Nidstang is fucking incredible, and overall, after one listen I really do like this album a lot.

mëtålspëd;9498242 said:
Really? I liked it right off the bat (Not so for AATG.. which still hasn't caught with me). I know you didn't like the White EP though... which I dug the crap out of.

Rich, I give you credit for turning me onto this band. I really dig the whole atmosphere, which I think is Agalloch's strong point. The White EP is awesome, but I wish that it would get reissued.

I should probably revisit the White Album at some point. I only spun it once, found it chore to sit through and never revisited it.

Greg, you have to take it for what it is, which is an "atmospheric" experience. In other words, don't try to listen to it while pumping iron or training for UFC fighting! :p

~Brian~

Rich, I give you credit for turning me onto this band. I really dig the whole atmosphere, which I think is Agalloch's strong point. The White EP is awesome, but I wish that it would get reissued.

Greg, you have to take it for what it is, which is an "atmospheric" experience. In other words, don't try to listen to it while pumping iron or training for UFC fighting! :p

~Brian~

Totally agree. Same thing with the album "Trail of the Unwary" by Nest. Its an amazing album, but only when its past midnight and raining outside.