entry prices in the US

Black Session

Heretic Misanthrope
Oct 5, 2005
Brugge, Belgium
I have a question: I was wondering how much it costs in the US to go to gigs? Or in other places in the world ...
I live in Belgium and Opeth was about 20 euros (about the same in US dollars thus). For really big names that draw big crowds it goes up to 50 and more, but for most, and especially metal 20 is about as much as it goes. I'm going to see 8 really good death metal bands on the 11th february for 15 euros ... :)
it's because I saw in the Emperor thread prices like 70 dollars :s

Well the Emperor tickets were originally $50 US each, I'm guessing they raised it as it's getting close to selling out. And it's a special show, they're only play 4 dates in America and in clubs.

Opeth tickets for Chicago were $16.50 ($25 after all the convience fees).

I've never really paid more than $25 (before convience fees) for a show unless it was like Ozzfest where those are around $80 for the Floor or something like G3 Tour, I think when I saw Ozzy solo the floor tickets were around $50.

Black Session said:
I have a question: I was wondering how much it costs in the US to go to gigs? Or in other places in the world ...
I live in Belgium and Opeth was about 20 euros (about the same in US dollars thus). For really big names that draw big crowds it goes up to 50 and more, but for most, and especially metal 20 is about as much as it goes. I'm going to see 8 really good death metal bands on the 11th february for 15 euros ... :)
it's because I saw in the Emperor thread prices like 70 dollars :s

$16.50 US