EPICA: 'Deluxe Edition' Of 'Consign To Oblivion'

longshot9

Feb 11, 2002
Murrieta, CA
Anyone know what the DVD will contain?? Also find it interesting they mention the show is sold out....

To celebrate EPICA's upcoming U.S. tour debut alongside KAMELOT, Candlelight Records will release a deluxe edition of the Dutch female-fronted band's latest album, "Consign to Oblivion". Recorded in early 2005 and featuring guest contribution from KAMELOT vocalist Roy Khan, the album will hit stores nationwide September 19. The CD packaging will include a special DVD.

Kicking off September 16 at the sold-out ProgPower festival in Atlanta, where the band will perform alongside U.S. labelmate JORN, EPICA's U.S. trek will make stops in New York, Montreal, Toronto, Chicago, Seattle, San Francisco and others before concluding in Los Angeles on November 11.

Just got the CD/DVD combo yesterday from CD Inzane. Listened to CD yesterday and I really like it. I'll be watching the DVD tonight and will let you know what it's about. Digibook packaging is beautiful.

It's probably the same DVD that came with my import version, kind of a behind the scenes thing from the studio... I just want to be sure it's the same. If it's something like a live show then i'll have to pick this up also.

Thanks for the confirmation Glenn

Speaking of, after this year I'll have the cd signed by Khan and Epica! It's a pain to assemble all the sigs from dispersed bands (i.e. I got Tore's sign on Ark last year, now I'll have Jorn..) but PP is great for it

edit: Avantasia is slow going :p

The Fiddler said:
Just got the CD/DVD combo yesterday from CD Inzane. Listened to CD yesterday and I really like it. I'll be watching the DVD tonight and will let you know what it's about. Digibook packaging is beautiful.

DUH! I actually got the import on Transmission Records, so I can't help you out. You have the same copy I do.

I did like the documentary though, especially the interviews which were well recorded and lighted. They needed some more footage of Roy in the studio though!