EQ'ing Acoustica Beatcraft - Any Tips?

Donkey Fly

Loves The Cookie!
Dec 22, 2007
UK
www.myspace.com
I've been recording for a while and love how convenient Beatcraft is but i find the snare isn't the best sounding for the music i make which i usually metal stuff.

Recordings Here

Can anyone guide me through how I can EQ the snare and toms to get a more tight metal sound?

I've tried messing around with it but can't really get close to that off say Maiden or CoB.

Thanks.

I would recommend just using a sample you like the sound of to begin with - no amount of EQ is going to bring out frequencies which aren't there to begin with. I'm not familiar with Beatcraft, so I don't know if you can load your own samples or if you're stuck with what they give you, but if you cant load your own samples then Aptrigga is a very inexpensive plug in which works great for sample replacement. You can find a shitload of great samples for free right on this forum, just check the 'drum samples meta' sticky.

you can load your own samples with acoustica beatcraft, i find that program really cool , because is simple to use, you can add Vst plugins, your own samples, an a lot of other features.