Equipment anybody??

James Murphy

Mar 26, 2002
here's mine.. now show me yours!!
JMequipped.jpg

I'm currently using a DeArmand M-55 stock except for my grover tuning heads, Zoom 505II multifx pedal, Crate 1x8 combo (no idea how many watts, but it holds its own in full band jams at the "3"-"4" range), dunlop 1.0 mm matchpiks & Dava control picks, GHS Boomer Zakk Wylde signature strings. Pics forthcoming.

What's the Caparison in your hands tuned at?

First: DROOL..... Sweet rig James. :headbang:

Here's my POS:
rigpicmarch1.jpg

Might as well list what's in this pic:
Ibanez RG750 Grey(Dimarzio Breed Bridge & Neck)
Ibanez RG760 Blue(modded to H-S-H, Dimarzio Super3, Blue Velvet, Breed Neck)
Ibanez S540LTD Black Currently stock
Tech 21 Trademark 300 (Rackmounted w/ARMD midi converter)
Alesis Quadraverb 2
Ibanez TS-9
Eminence loaded 4-12
Behringer FCB1010 Floorboard
Johnson J-Station (not pictured, at PC for recordings/practice)
Box full of Webstrings.. lol

James, Is that a tubescreamer i see on the framus?
If so which modell?
I read that the framus cab has Celestion greenbacks, does it work good for metal?

Gaaahhh, Got damn I would do anything for that rig.
I have to search for a job during the summer so I can afford a framus cobra :D

I'm gonna take home my Ibanez and my acoustic and take a family pic :)

Nah just messing haha!!

But most of my gear is still in Tasmania.

With me, I have one of these:

Cort_Earth_1200-resized200.jpg

One of these:

erste_guitar.jpg

(Mine has had a metal scratch plate put in, and also Seymour Duncans and a coil tap)

One of these:

porta414.jpg

And also one of these:

s_Suzuki.JPG

(Some NIIIIIICE rigs in here guys - *Droooooooool* at James' Geetars!! :kickass: )

I gotta say, as much as I love damn near everything about Caparisons, that headstock is just absolutely unmistakable and SO sextastic. Anyway, here's my rag tag rig, artfully arranged for a photo op.

e286a61d.jpg

An ESP EC-400 with EMG 81's, the quintessential 5150 (combo for the sake of convenience and price, it was $600 on ebay!!), an Ibanez RGT42 FM with Dimarzio Tone Zone bridge/Air Norton neck (probably gonna swap to an EMG 81/85 set when I have $200 lying around :erk: ), and of course, a Shure SM57 that goes into an ART Tube mic preamp and Cubase SX on the comp. Oh yeah, and my AVT20 peeking out in the from behind the Ibanez.

Once again, fabulous stuff everybody!

Hi James!!!

Are EMG SA the single coils on your guitars? I have a Squier Strato, it was crap until I mounted the SA set. Now it rocks!!!

Soon I will Post photos of my rig.

Thanks a lot man! I know it's hard to tell from the pic, but it's actually a flame top. Kinda gives it a tiger stripe-esque look. And I love the classic SG dude. How do those pickups (PAF and Evo) work out for you?

Razorjack said:
It's a TS-10. Which, whilst no-one ever believes it, was SRV's choice of screamer.

Tubescreamers are amazing for leads, I had a modded Ts-9 I regret I sold it. I'm gonna by a new one as soon Is I have a new amp.

I'm thinking of going for a Cobra , The cobra is a 3 channel amp, and thats what I'm looking for, and it's cheaper than a Mesa Rectifier here in sweden.

killer everyone.. keep 'em coming!... Universal.. let's hear your Altering The Future solo.. demo it up!

\m/

Hi James how's it going anyway heres my introduction.

engl.jpg

room_pic1.jpg

room_pic2.jpg

The Bogner and Line 6 HD 147 are now gone replaced by a 5150 II and a Randall Warhead X2. The VHT cab has been replaced by the giant Engl XXL 4x12.

xxl_pic1.jpg

I have the ridiculous amount of gear for the most part cause I'm an amp dealer and need it for Demo's when customer's come by. My lack of talent would never justify having so much at once. :yuk:

Derek :headbang: