Err... ringtones (bet you know where this is going)

if i can make a mean heart collector ring tone on mine so can you! unfortunately i can't send it even though it gives me the option. i've tried a million times.

That all depends on what kind of files your phone will let you use as a ringtone. My phone lets me use pretty much any file type I want, but it is far from a normal phone. I think most take midi files only, but I could be wrong. Send me the 30 second audio clip and I can turn it into the file type you need...maybe? I will give it a try at least. my email address is mark at abrasiverock dot com

The thing is that you'll need a way to put the midi file onto your phone. I got a wee cable to connect my phone to my PC, so I sometimes write midis to use as ringtones.
On another not for no reason other than to say "Look at me, I'm great," I actually wrote a different theme tune for each person on my mobile. I rock.

I just got a new cell, and spent the whole weekend making my own ringtones. I got a phone that supports mp3s, uploaded 30 second clips to my tripod account, got online on my phone and downloaded them

Now I have: The Heart Collector! As well as, Novembers Doom, Fantomas, Lovage, Backstreet Boys (yeah yeah), Uncle Fucker and Back That Azz Up from Southpark, some song called Suck my Dick, Orphaned Land, The Tea Party, Gwen Stefani, Opeth, The Clash, some clips from Office Space, the X-Files theme song, bagpipes, David Bowie, and System of a Down. My phone rules.

BlackwaterNymph said:
I just got a new cell, and spent the whole weekend making my own ringtones. I got a phone that supports mp3s, uploaded 30 second clips to my tripod account, got online on my phone and downloaded them

Now I have: The Heart Collector! As well as, Novembers Doom, Fantomas, Lovage, Backstreet Boys (yeah yeah), Uncle Fucker and Back That Azz Up from Southpark, some song called Suck my Dick, Orphaned Land, The Tea Party, Gwen Stefani, Opeth, The Clash, some clips from Office Space, the X-Files theme song, bagpipes, David Bowie, and System of a Down. My phone rules.

A girl with Orphaned Land as a ringtone makes me wanna call her :)

BlackwaterNymph said:

woah... what novembers doom song?

A lot of phones that support actual audio ringtones, but not mp3s use the mmf format. There's a program that can convert audio clips to that format (it's kind of shitty quality but I still think it's better than midi interpretations) called XingTone. I think it's $20 or something but once you have it you can make and send to your phone unlimited ring tones. I haven't bought it yet but I've been thinking about it. They have a thing to see if it'll work with your phone too. Here's their site:
http://www.xingtone.com/

Matt Lee said:
There's a program that can convert audio clips to that format (it's kind of shitty quality but I still think it's better than midi interpretations) called XingTone. I think it's $20 or something but once you have it you can make and send to your phone unlimited ring tones. I haven't bought it yet but I've been thinking about it. They have a thing to see if it'll work with your phone too. Here's their site:
http://www.xingtone.com/

Screw $20, *searches for a crack* :D