Erypsus Studios & Erypsus Digital: Suspyre-related releases

GreggSuspyre

May 31, 2005
New Jersey
www.myspace.com
Here's a list of other Suspyre-related projects.

These are the current releases on Erypsus Digital, the digital distribution label of Erypsus Studios, my recording studio. I'm working on racking up a diverse group of clients that are affiliated with my studio. The list is constantly growing.

To be released in 2012:
Even Man Out - EP (mixing)
Neat Meat - debut album (submission pending)
Forever's Edge - follow up to "Chaotic Silence"
The Beef Injectors - debut record
The Power (formerly "Strike a Violent Pose!") - debut record

Currently available:
Even Man Out - O Friends, Not These Sounds!: I produced this album with this Philadelphia based three-piece indie band. Palimo Lopez, one of the singer/guitarist/etcs in the band, is a co-teacher of mine. He's a very talented pianist schooled in the works of everything from Beethoven to Scriabin, but this album is a collection of eclectic catchy rock.

Forever's Edge - Chaotic Silence: Half of Suspyre is affiliated with this band; Clay sings for them, Andrew lays down the bass, and I co-produced it. I also played some guest guitar and saxophone solos, and did the orchestral programming and a lot of the writing of vocal melodies. It's definitely worth checking out if you'd want to hear the vocal and orchestral styles of Suspyre in a more power-driven atmosphere.

Even Man Out - Longhair: This vintage-sounding southern-rock EP was actually recorded by Even Man Out themselves, except for some of the vocals. They delivered the tracks to me and I did editing and mixing. This album has very strong songwriting and a classic vibe.

Meghan Keates - I'll Be Seeing You: Meghan returns for her second album, which, without abandoning the acoustic-driven rock, adds elements of jazz and pop. She dabbles in piano and harmonica as well to provide more tonal colors.

Craig Thompson - November 2nd (20 Weeks): Craig's first single - an extremely catchy country/rock tune was written in anticipation for his first child.

The Beef Injectors - 18: This will be stuck in your head the moment you hear it. This band is working on their first full-length, but released this meaty single to whet your appetite.

Megan Leigh - Please Guide Me: Megan's first single - at only 13 years old, she sounds very mature for her age. She wrote the lyrics and melody and I helped with arrangements. Look for more from her in the future!

Even Man Out - Tinicum: Another great LP from this three-piece indie group. This one is the most diverse yet; there are throwback 50's style rockers, as well as modern musical mosaics.

Other releases that I worked on that aren't officially Erypsus Digital (prior to 2010):

Meghan Keates - Cab: This 15 year old singer/songwriter is extremely talented. She came to my studio with an acoustic guitar and lots of ambition. After recording almost twenty songs, she picked these ten to spice up a bit; I programmed drums, played bass, saxophone, and electric guitar, and did orchestral work as well. It's a very diverse CD that has produced lots of hype in my part of New Jersey, and she's working on a second one that we hope will bring her even further.

Worst Case Ontario - Burning Politely: Rich (now an ex-Suspyre) and I produced this New York City quartet's debut album. This disc is a creative mix of indie rock anthems with catchy tunes and progressive musical ideas. It goes from laid back and groovin to harsh and heavy pretty quickly.

Strike A Violent Pose! - Friends Come In All Shapes and Sizes: These local guys are always full of ideas. This one was done by Rich and me; you can hear his keyboard playing in one track, and I did a lot of the orchestral/synth programming. They have captured the perfect mix of catchy pop with old-school metal. There's harmonized guitars and double bass, Nintendo-core Mega Man synth lines, and hooks that stay with you for days.

Expired titles (contact me directly if you want these!):

Serin Omaye - Exordium: This short project was a lot of fun, as the singer simply gave me recordings of herself singing to a click track, and it was up to me to flesh them out. She had great musical vision for each song, which I had to provide while working remotely. Hopefully she will come back and do some more, because she excels at all styles! I play guitar, bass, and do all drum and synth programming.

bump - some new singles released. Hoping to drop Neat Meat's debut any day now, with the debut The Beef Injectors album coming late this summer. Forever's Edge's second release should be done this autumn.