Eternity's End guitarist Christian Muenzner's solo album

EricC

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2019
The 3rd solo album from guitarist Christian Muenzner, Path Of The Hero, has been released.

Here are two shredding play-through videos from the album, "Knight Rider" and "Demon Angel".

"Knight Rider"

"Demon Angel"

The influences on the album range from Neoclassical and Heavy Fusion to Power and Progressive Metal. With 9 tracks and a total playing time of only 35 minutes this is the shortest of Muenzner’s three solo albums so far, purposely done to keep in the tradition of the late 80’s Shrapnel Records albums.

In the video Christian is wearing a special glove, and as he explains, “Since 10 years I suffer from a neurological disorder called focal dystonia, which causes involuntary muscle contractions in my fretting hand. I am wearing this musician’s practice glove as it helps a bit to reduce the symptoms of my left hand dystonia; because of the texture of the material the brain gets slightly different sensory information from the fingers, and the dystonic impulse is not triggered as heavily as without the glove. I only use it when I play really difficult stuff. It’s a good tool, although the effect wears off over time.”

Path Of The Herofeatures Eternity’s End bandmates Jimmy Pitts (keyboards) and Hannes Grossmann (drums; Alkaloid, ex-Obscura, ex-Necrophagist).