ethiopian food

cthulufhtagn

Went Out for Smokes 13 Years Ago
Jul 19, 2004
south of washington
ethiopian.jpg

went to an ethiopian restaurant with the gf last night, the second time i have experienced the antikosmik foodgasm that is ethiopian food. bonus points for it being made to eat with your fingers. even though my girlfriend is a vegetarian, which, in the words of the immortal jules winfield, pretty much makes me a vegetarian too when we share food at a restaurant. it was fucking :kickass:

i insist those of you not living in the hinterlands of utah, canadia, or other such isolated locales to make haste to your nearest temple of african culinary delight. i have tasted god, my friends, and his name is injera.

i insist those of you not living in the hinterlands of utah, canadia, or other such isolated locales to make haste to your nearest temple of african culinary delight. i have tasted god, my friends, and his name is injera.

Actually, we do have a few weird african places out here. Haven't been to any yet though, since they're in a distant part of SLC, which I do not journey to often.

Ethiopian food is wonderful. As with Mediterranean cuisine, Ethiopian food culture benefits greatly from being a major terminus of multiple trade routes. As a result, the nation's cuisine draws not only on local sources, but on elements drawn from several different regions with which Ethiopia has traditionally been in contact with (Southeastern Arabia, North Africa, the African interior and the Indian Subcontinent).

Plus, their coffee and honey wines are the best in the world.