EToS Reunion

Revenant

Suodeth
Apr 18, 2002
Wooster, Ohio
This is just a simple question for Antti if he has the time time...I was wondering if you were approached to re-join the line-up for their return? Also, I just got A Virgin and A Whore because I heard you played al of the solo's on that album and I'm glad I did, this album is AMAZING! I love your playing style, it's my favorite out of all the guitarists I listen to. That list includes John Petrucci, Michael Romeo, Chris and Micahel Amott etc... Anyway, thanks in advance for your reply...

Also, I was wondering what song on that album you wrote the most of or had the most creative control over...

Thanks!

Yes, we had conversations but this time I had no time for Etos. I wish good luck for the guys with the new album.

I guess, surprisingly, the song I controlled most was "The River Flows Frozen". I made the first version of the song in 1996 or something.

Thanks for replying...While I do enjoy EToS, I enjoy the brutal melodies of Kalmah more. I'm glad you decided to focus 100% on Kalmah. And for the song, that's one of my favorties off of the album. I especially like to acoustic classical/spanish guitar solo. It's a pleasure to hear another side of your playing....Very nice! :worship:

I don't think that Antti or the members of EToS would appreciate it if iI distributed their music freely on the net. Instead, go to the official EToS site and follow the link that says "buy our music here". Go ahead and just buy the album, it's a cd that no Melodic death metal fan should be without...

www.eternaltears.info

yea i have heard etos before friends of mine burnt their cd's.

it was a mix though. i mean i have a cd burner. i download songs, burn em.

hell thats what the fuckers for. if their's a band i really appereciate i buy their album also. i bought kalmah albums because their deffentally worth the real thing. i downloaded a few of their songs when i first heard them and deffentally had to buy their cds.

etos is cool - but kalmah is way cooler, the singer of etos is kinda boring and the only reason i really suppurt etos is because antti kokko is in it

but long story short - i'll take a look at the etos site and think about purchasing an album of theirs.

You won't be let down. Upon my many listens to it, I always seem to pick-up a new "Kalmah-ish" sounding lead, rhythm, or groove. It has very similar sounding moments when compared to Kalmah. That's probably due to an integral member of Kalmah having been in it.

It's definatley cool! :loco: