Euro Sneapsters: Couchsurfing? London to München route

JeffTD

Senhor Testiculo
Sep 29, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
www.jeffdunne.com
As a kind of 'send-off'/last-hurrah of my stint in Europe this year, my best friend and I are going to be backpacking from London to Münich via Amsterdam from Dec 18th to the 28th. Given that this is right in the middle of the holiday season I'm not expecting to crash at someones house on Christmas Eve, but before we start looking for hostels/couchsurfer hosts, I figured I'd check.

Our current planned routing is London -> Paris -> Brussels -> Brugges -> Amsterdam -> Köln -> Nuremberg -> München. We're not at all into standard touristy stuff, so most of this will just be us walking around and exploring towns, eating culturally relavent food and drinking copious amounts of culturally relevant beer.

If any of you guys who live along that route happen to have a couch, floor, barn, old car, etc that you wouldn't mind letting two American guys sleep in/on/around, I'd love to hear from you.

Not on the route, depends on the way you take you're still around 100 miles away from me
but if you want to visit Stuttgart (way better then Nuremberg :D ) I've got a nice couch,
not 100% sure if I am at home during that time, but I would still not visit Nuremberg.

Stuttgart is a bit different and that way you're not visiting two cities in Bavaria ;)
And at least there are some guy I know that had at least a old car...

Not on the route, depends on the way you take you're still around 100 miles away from me
but if you want to visit Stuttgart (way better then Nuremberg :D ) I've got a nice couch,
not 100% sure if I am at home during that time, but I would still not visit Nuremberg.

Stuttgart is a bit different and that way you're not visiting two cities in Bavaria ;)
And at least there are some guy I know that had at least a old car...

That might be solid idea, but the scheduling would put Stuttgart on Christmas day and I really don't want to put anyone through the hassle of hosting guests on a holiday, as I'm sure you can understand.

Still gonna be in London on the 28th? Me and Laura may come see you... we miss your face and balls

Yup... still have a 15 hour layover, will probably be broke, dirty, and irritable by then but I still want to see you both!

If you end up visiting the CAPITAL city I can offer you my floor.

Seriously, I would ditch Köln and Nürnberg :lol:

The other guy and I actually did an austausch program in S-H in 2008, so we've done Hamburg/Berlin and want to explore the fabled northern Italian parts of Germany. :lol:

IT'S NOT GERMANY! IT'S THE ENEMY!!!

if christmas is anything like the last years I have to travel 1000-1500km in 3 days, so it would be a lot
of hassle, but my friends in Stuttgart just party during christmas because they don't visit their families
due to them living in other countries and stuff.

And in the end, especially during christmas holidays, you can sleep in some churches...don't ask :D