EVANESCENCE Releases Official Music Video For 'Hi-Lo', Featuring LINDSEY STIRLING

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
The official music video for EVANESCENCE's new single, "Hi-Lo", can be seen below. The clip, which was directed by P.R. Brown, includes a guest performance by famed violinist Lindsey Stirling. "Hi-Lo" is one of two new songs that are included on EVANESCENCE's latest album, "Synthesis". The set is a reimagining of some of EVANESCENCE's best-loved tracks is the band's first full-length effort since its 2011 self-titled release. EVANESCENCE singer Amy Lee told Donny Fandango of the St. Louis radio station 105.7 The Point about "Hi-Lo": "We've had in the bank for a long time. I wasn't quite finished [writing it before], but it's just a song that never fit anywhere that I've been holding on to and waiting to find its right home for 10 years. So it's this weird thing that I feel very close to already that I've had to listen to with my family and my friends to now finish it out and have the orchestra on it. That's what it needed — it needed that beautiful, luscious emotion that [longtime collaborator, orchestra arranger and composer] David Campbell put on there. But I wrote that song with our producer on this album, the guy that did all the programming, Will [Hunt, not to be confused with EVANESCENCE's drummer, also named Will Hunt]. It was our first collaboration together 10 years ago." EVANESCENCE and Stirling will team up for co-headlining 2018 summer amphitheater tour across North America. The trek, produced by Live Nation, will kick off July 6 in Kansas City, Missouri at the Starlight Theatre and will make stops in 31 North American cities. The trek will wrap September 8 in Ridgefield, Washington at the Sunlight Supply Amphitheater. Both artists' shows will be accompanied by a full orchestra, highlighting both acts' musicality and incredible performance abilities. The orchestrated performances will also perfectly accent the astounding amphitheater venues across the U.S. and Canada that the two will be performing in, making for a magical summer evening. Photo credit: P.R. Brown

Continue reading...