EVERGREY Live at Metalfest in the UK

Metalfestuk

New Metal Member
Sep 1, 2009
METALFEST is a new Metal Event coming to the UK 25 - 27 September 2009!!! 26 bands over 3 days - Primal Fear, Evergrey, Kalmah, Primordial, Blaze Bayley, Dragonland, Brainstorm, Swallow the Sun and many many more.
For more details go to:

www.metalfest.org.uk

Crappy news for the UK people.. just up at evergrey.net:

Unfortunately Evergrey have been forced to cancel the show tonight in Dudley at Metalfest UK. Here's the explanation of the situation straight from the band who are still on the European tour:

"Since the concert promoter failed to fulfill his agreements including paying us the money this makes it impossible for us to play the Metalfest. We are on tour in Croatia at the moment and we would also have additional costs to get ourselves to England and we just received a SMS message from the promoter where it said he won't be able to pay us.

This means that we as a band would lose even more money since we will have overweight for luggage and having to rent vans for airports. The promoter apologized to us in a new SMS - BUT nothing and noone are more sad than us for having to betray our UK fans... IF there are any fans that want to come to any of our other shows we will help you out with tickets to the show and maybe even arrange a meet and greet, all to ease your losses maybe a bit. Those of you who can do that can e-mail us at evergreyfans@gmail.com for more details. Once again Evergrey are sending their apologies but it's out of our hands."

Crappy news for the UK people.. just up at evergrey.net:

Unfortunately Evergrey have been forced to cancel the show tonight in Dudley at Metalfest UK. Here's the explanation of the situation straight from the band who are still on the European tour:

"Since the concert promoter failed to fulfill his agreements including paying us the money this makes it impossible for us to play the Metalfest. We are on tour in Croatia at the moment and we would also have additional costs to get ourselves to England and we just received a SMS message from the promoter where it said he won't be able to pay us.

This means that we as a band would lose even more money since we will have overweight for luggage and having to rent vans for airports. The promoter apologized to us in a new SMS - BUT nothing and noone are more sad than us for having to betray our UK fans... IF there are any fans that want to come to any of our other shows we will help you out with tickets to the show and maybe even arrange a meet and greet, all to ease your losses maybe a bit. Those of you who can do that can e-mail us at evergreyfans@gmail.com for more details. Once again Evergrey are sending their apologies but it's out of our hands."

I went just for Evergrey, which i was well geared up for after them cancelling the show with Novembre.

But the statement on their website is definately not the story I heard. I'd been told that Evergrey demanded more money and refused to play the show because the organisers couldn't meet their demands. I know some of the bands played for free too as I spent most of my Sunday night with them when not behind a merch stand!

I spoke to Mark the organiser of Metalfest He Said 50% deposit was paid and flights were paid for.
thats the second time this year evergrey have cancelled gigs in the uk