Evergrey Studio Reports up...

TheIllicitOne

Ik ben lekker...
Feb 21, 2006
los angeles
Hey, I don't know how many of you are Evergrey fans but they are currently in the studio with a new bass player working on the next album. It appears they are using an Engl (savage) and a 5150 for guitars. The videos are a good watch and funny as hell.

You can check them out at Their Myspace page...

It really happens that we opened a gig for them in april. Trully beautiful memories... And the new songs sounds actually very catchy..

I somehow enjoy seeing some of the nightmares other people endure while recording.

It makes my low rent home studio look good in comparison.

Well, the end result isn't nearly as good, but it still makes me feel better for being a smooth operator. ;)

I was mildly excited when they announced they were going to put out a DVD of the recording process. My enthusiasm waned when I saw how little attention the camera operator pays to the lighting situation (interviewing subjects seated in front of brightly light windows, etc.), but the high speed comedy spring-re-taping gag in the second video got me interested again. "Ring James Hetfield.....or anyone." :lol:

but the high speed comedy spring-re-taping gag in the second video got me interested again. "Ring James Hetfield.....or anyone." :lol:

Well, they seem like funny characters, at least judging by their released DVD... I mean, at times they make total asses out of themselves :lol:
It's great when people don't take that metal thing too seriously and play "darkened souls" or whatever crap and have fun instead.

Why does it look like Tom has six fingers here?

bio-tom2b.jpg

Jeff

You got all these videos of bands in the studio's..................And they NEver Show you shit.......In the video It just shows how immature and how drunk and fucked up the band is when they record......i just watched a video of a dude trying to open the back of his guitar......just seems strange is there any studio videos out there that actually show the band recording????????

Im watching the second video, and in fact they are showing some tips, maybe a lot of people already knew it, is something basic, like puting the tape on the back, but also a lot of people can find this very usefull (like me but a couple of years before), so between jokes and that, they are showing something.

Also, those are very early videos - they weren't going to be tracking a whole lot when they were just getting shit set up. It also has to be interesting enough for the non-recording-enthusiasts. I mean, there was as much of Peter Dolving laying in a grassfield talking about how he doesn't think people should need vocal lessons as there was of the bass gear discussion in the DVD that came with The Haunted's album The Dead Eye... it's just the way it goes.

Jeff

Yea, mostly these videos are NOT made for recording engineers, but for the fans who want to see their bands on a "personal" level - behind the scenes.

Joey Headbanger couldn't care less if the preamp was a Vintech or an API ...