Evergrey "The Inner Circle"...unbelievable!

Purveyor Of Evil

Heavy Metal, INC.
Mar 17, 2003
Hughestown, PA.
Visit site
You know it's hard to envision a band who can top each previous album. Actually, Evergrey is the one band who accomplishes this feat each and every time! That's not to say that each album before is not great. Because they all certainly are. I LOVE the new album big time, though. I am a devout Roman Catholic, so I have a hard time relating to bands who offer negative or even neutral ideas on religion. But, everyone can feel on the subject of religion whatever they feel is right for them. A great album is a great album and "The Inner Circle" is just that! A touch of Blessing the first time I heard it just completely blew me away! I can't possibly gush enough about the new album. Thanks guys. As we say in America-"Ya done good". See you friday night in Philadelphia!

PICKED UP THE EVERGREY ALBUM AND LOVE IT, CANT WAIT TO SEE THEM ON SAT. AT THE FESTIVAL. ALSO ICED EARTH HEADLINING PLAYING A 2 HOUR SET. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hotjump:

It actually took me several listens to get into this disc... but now I realize it's greatness. Another stunning triumphant by my favorite band.

I've thought about all kinds of ways to describe this album, even had notes with my thoughts on individual tracks and the nuances, style, and sense of metal class that made these tracks special...as well as the whole album in general.

But fuck it...no one needs an overblown, pompous review from me...

This album isn't great...no...so much more...this album will restore your faith in metal!

'Nuff said!

Rock on!

I gotta say it took a few spins to take in "The Inner Circle" but it was time well-invested! I had my doubts before I heard the whole thing because "Recreation Day" was easily my pick for top album of 2003, and I wasn't sure it could be topped. I recognize my sin, now...so I'm off to confession (and I'm not even Catholic).

:Smokin:

The CD is excellent.
I saw them in NYC last night.
It was a great show.
And they are real nice guys.
We all went to The Bellevue after the show.

I had to listen to this record a few time to fully appreciate it. I think its the best Evergrey album. I didn't think they were going to be able to top their previous two releases but they've done it by far.

For me, this is definitely one of those albums where I will always remember the point in time in my life when I gave the disc it's first listens. I picked up the CD last Friday at the Milwuakee show. It was a very dark and cold weekend. I spent the rest of the weekend in Milwaukee taking photographs while listenting to the CD in my car. The moody music and dismal weather really reenforced each other. Years from now, whenever I listen to 'The Innner Circle", I will immediately taken back to that dark spring weekend in Milwaukee. Furthermore, I'll likely have an urge to play the disc every spring about the same time.

It's strange how certain CDs can do that to you.

Emerald Sword said:
You know it's hard to envision a band who can top each previous album. Actually, Evergrey is the one band who accomplishes this feat each and every time! That's not to say that each album before is not great. Because they all certainly are. I LOVE the new album big time, though. I am a devout Roman Catholic, so I have a hard time relating to bands who offer negative or even neutral ideas on religion. But, everyone can feel on the subject of religion whatever they feel is right for them. A great album is a great album and "The Inner Circle" is just that! A touch of Blessing the first time I heard it just completely blew me away! I can't possibly gush enough about the new album. Thanks guys. As we say in America-"Ya done good". See you friday night in Philadelphia!

I don't think they are bashing religion in this case. The album is about a guy who leaves his family and friends for a cult and becomes entrenched in the cult, hurting his family dearly (eventually sacrificing a son or daughter) and then in the end realizes he screwed up and should never have joined the cult. This may be my oversimplification of the CD, but I think that is what it is about instead of bashing religion. Just to make you feel better when you are listening to it.