Evermörk

May 29, 2001
Tennessee
OK-i feel this is excusable soliciting because i really feel any fan of opeth/at the gates/in flames/vintersborg/borknager and similar bands MUST hear this!!!!

www.mp3.com/evermork

Evermörk is a new band from Northern Sweden; there are three full songs up now and theyre all fucking amazing! theyre continuing the swedish tradition of creating superior metal-i couldnt believe this when i ran across it.....

I dunno... I ran across that two days ago, and wasn't all that enthused. Of course, I'm really picky about my black metal anyways.

Well, I don't generally call Vintersorg "Black Metal" because he just doesn't seem to fit the BM mold very well, but here's the short list, and what I like about them.

Borknagar is a decent band, and has put out some really good songs, but most of their music doesn't do much for me. I hear everyone rave about how great Colossus is, but I'd much rather listen to The Presence is Ominous or Genesis Torn. I've heard some of their older stuff too, and while the song "A Tale of Pagan Tongue" is cool, most of the others just don't appeal.

Finntroll's Jaktens Tid album... this is probably what I really like in a black metal band. A somewhat folksey sound. I really enjoy that they can actually use an accordian to good effect in Slaget vid Blodsalv and Skogens Hamnd... but even aside from those two songs, the music is overall just... FUN. Especially songs like VargTimmen and Aldhissla.

I was just recently sent a CD by Summoning as a little bonus extra in a trade, and while I really enjoyed the instruments, I couldn't really get into the vocals for some reason.

I've heard one or two good Agathodaimon songs too, but not a whole lot grew on me.

I really hate Cradle of Filth, and Dimmu Borgir don't do it for me either if that says anything.

Now my *true* favorite music is Doom Metal. I could name a lot of cool doom bands that I love.

Shape of Despair
Evoken
Novembers Doom
Dusk
dISEMBOWELMENT
Morgion
Skepticism
Celestial Season (Early stuff)

But that doesn't have much to do with this forum, does it?