every time i die gutter phenomenon

aramism

Dec 2, 2006
New York, NY
www.myspace.com
whoa sorry i typed the wrong title in the subject. i meant this to be about "the big dirty" not GP.

i've been meaning to post this. huge machine fan here and loved gutter phenomenon but i have to say "the big dirty" kicks it all over the place mix wise. its so fat and solid on the low end. i really love it. i heard somewhere that the amps that were used were straight jcm800s. i know steve evetts produced/mixed it and alan douches mastered and even alan when i was talking to him during attended session was like it is one of the best mixes he has encountered in quite some time. the bass regions of this album from the drum pounding to the bass itself to the fat guitars are really sick IMO.

steve evetts is a god....
listen to miss machine by the dilinger escape plan...

Yeah i heard they were 800s too!

Im buying one

JCM800s are amps that are easily modded. Back in 1997, I used to own a modded one that shat all over my Engl Savage 120. Had to sell it due to money problems, though. I kept the Engl, cause it was much more reliable on the road.

Man, in my old hxc (lol) band we played with these guys, fucking incredible live sound to boot. I've been a fan of theirs for quite a while. The Big Dirty is my fav so far in terms of overall everything, production, songwriting, etc. And yep, they are Marshall users all the way...sometimes I don't know how they get them to sound like that haha. I absolutely love everything in the mix on BD, the drums have this awesome raw, yet polished sound and everything is PHAT.

~006

Production is better... not polished or modern enough for my tastes, but cool in a raw rock sort of way... but their Hot Damn! album was the best song-wise... the two newest albums are so boring...

Well, the production lends itself well to their style. Both their music and the persona of each member in that band is more rock than anything else, even if it's sometimes a little borderline math music. Hot Damn! was great, every song was catchy and well written. I'll agree that BD doesn't have as many "hits" for me either, but the ones that are on there are awesome.

BTW aramism, I would be surprised if they didn't use their Marshall rigs for the album. I don't know any details, never looked into.

~006

I like this band.

Gutter Phenomenon is win from start to finish.
The Big Dirty bored me somewhat apart from the last track and I haven't heard their other albums enough to comment.

Sweet production too

I'll stick with the Bodom song of the same name :Smug:

But yeah, 800s always appealed to me, but I feel like I'd only like one if it was modded

Most would definitely be an over statement but you can tell when it has been created from a 800 circuit/sound.

Nah.... I'll stand by my statement. Look at a JCM800 schem, compare it to any other modern high gainer, and you will see a modded JCM 800.... Now some are modded to high heavens, but the basic JCM 800 building block is still there.

myspace always fizzes stuff out.

the cd is so unreal for me. there so much bass density. kind of like zuess mixes but tighter. it is really a work of art. i like the songs too. not as creative as GP but def catchy.