EVH 5150 - 50 W - EL 34

EXOCED

Jul 17, 2014
Reunion Island
Hi buddy's,

Last month, i've lucky guy to test the El 34 100w,very impressive by this amp,a sort of jcm 800 boosted with Nos stuff! And for christmas, my wife ask what I want...by chance,the 50 w is less expansive than his big brother, and.... wish exauced!

Two litlle clip of this amp :

Reamping mode

Tweaking mode

in comparaison with the 100 W,the blue channel is less agressive...shame... but cool for play blues stuff,or for intro.

Reactions: newamerikangospel
Hi there,

My buddy still let me his 100w el34 ,and i' had compare the two amps...same spirit of brown sound :)

Same settings on both amps, but dirtier on the clean 100 W, can you get same clearness with less gain ?

Anyway, digging 100 W blue channel, with or without TS, must cut so well on a mix :)

Reactions: EXOCED
Hello buddy,

Yes you can have a clearness sound with less gain,the 100 W have really more gain on green and blue channel,exacltly same for red channel!

The blue channel for the 100 W is really orgasmic! with ts is my favorite setting!

thinking to buy the 50W EL34 but i've read that the blue channel on the 50W is terrible, would you agree?

jusr beinig curious, as i am looking for a nice clean channel and a nice high gain channel mainly, not really a "crunch" player

a tight, defined rythm channel is a must have though, would you recommend the 50W EL 34 or should i look into something different?

the first video you have posted has a nice sound in general but to me it sounds a bit "squeaky"
which seems to be that signature 5150 III sound. as i said i like brigt and defined guitars but i am not sure if this would be too much.

Hello guys,

I'm always glad to play with my 5150 ,and after changing all the tube (power and preamp) the sound is more precise,blue channel had finally good tone et red channel allways orgasmic, a small video of a new composition who call : my eyes is burning ;)

Red channel for rythm (gain at 2...) and blue channel for lead, sorry for mistakes,but this live stuff ;)