EVH 5150 III 100S (Stealth) - all channels "in the room"

during palm mutes it's compressing really hard...i hope its just the (camera) mic :D
I still don't know what the difference is to the standard 100W head..but i just saw it finally has resonance knobs like the 50w. that makes this 100w useable. but i bet this stealth version is alot pricier than the standard one and the standard one won't get the improvements :/

Yes, that's the mic. Revoiced 2. channel. more low mids, more gain. More gain on the 3. channel. resonance pots on all three channels and the bias control.
It's really like they were marketing it, before the release. It's about 200€ more.
I already made the decision to keep the mini. I will send this fucker back:)
It sounds like my boosted Triple, minus the thump and less open...

Can't really say anything through the camera mic, keen on the mic'ed clips!

Moar Gainz on Ch3? for whatever reason :lol:

The improovements on CH2 sounds neat though!
Reso & Bias seems killer too.

more gain? is that really necessary..and more low mids..that's where we typically cut in our kind of music^^
200€ is not that much more what i expected.
Do you still do the miced samples? But would only be interesting when you do it as a side by side comparison to the mini.

More gain on CH3 really isn't necessary at all, but on CH2 it's cool I think. Not really able to get a heavy rhythm tone without a TS on Blue imo.
And low mids is cool cause so far Blue channel tones turned out on the thinner side for me, cause with the TS it was hard to get the right amount of mids into it.
Could be easier now, although if it now has enough gain the TS might not be necessary anymore.

Is the blue/ch2 channel even interesting for metal? Has it more bottom end like the green on the peaveys? I thought the red/ch3 is the one to go... i hope the mods get leaked or evh puts the service diagramm/schematic on their page like they do with the other heads. Then the mini could be modded like that if it's desirable.

Can't really say anything through the camera mic, keen on the mic'ed clips!

Moar Gainz on Ch3? for whatever reason :lol:

The improovements on CH2 sounds neat though!
Reso & Bias seems killer too.
Will post them tomorrow.
more gain? is that really necessary..and more low mids..that's where we typically cut in our kind of music^^
200€ is not that much more what i expected.
Do you still do the miced samples? But would only be interesting when you do it as a side by side comparison to the mini.
I didn't plan to do that, but that's a good idea for another clip:)
More gain on CH3 really isn't necessary at all, but on CH2 it's cool I think. Not really able to get a heavy rhythm tone without a TS on Blue imo.
And low mids is cool cause so far Blue channel tones turned out on the thinner side for me, cause with the TS it was hard to get the right amount of mids into it.
Could be easier now, although if it now has enough gain the TS might not be necessary anymore.
It could be more than enough gain on channel 2, for some guys. I don't think you need the tube screamer anymore, now.
Is the blue/ch2 channel even interesting for metal? Has it more bottom end like the green on the peaveys? I thought the red/ch3 is the one to go... i hope the mods get leaked or evh puts the service diagramm/schematic on their page like they do with the other heads. Then the mini could be modded like that if it's desirable.

I would say it's much tighter.
I think the mini is still better. It's a bit "thinner" sounding, but really great :)

It could be more than enough gain on channel 2, for some guys. I don't think you need the tube screamer anymore, now.

Do you mean the mini here or the Stealth?

I always get confused with the word tight/tighter. I understand it as "less bass". Something that is tighter has a higher low cut/high pass for me. But i already read sometimes that somene says the green channel would be tighter than the red channel of the Peavey 5150. This is another moment where i guess i'm wrong. Can you clarify the word tight for me at this point? :confused:

Do you mean the mini here or the Stealth?
I meant the Stealth

I always get confused with the word tight/tighter. I understand it as "less bass". Something that is tighter has a higher low cut/high pass for me. But i already read sometimes that somene says the green channel would be tighter than the red channel of the Peavey 5150. This is another moment where i guess i'm wrong. Can you clarify the word tight for me at this point? :confused:
Ich glaub' da stellt sich jeder was anderes darunter vor:)
It's not necessarily less bass. Just a tighter signal.
Watch this vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i24e8icZG1o

Yeah I dig the blue for metal. With a TS it has a cool marshall vibe to it.
Some stuff works better with the blue than with the red channel.

No Green is defo not as tight as the red channel. At least on the 6505+/5150II.

"Tightness" is not only about the hipass before the distortion, it's also about where the hi mids are strongest before it...and also how the texture of the disortion is shaped...kinda hard to define.
But you get a tight sound if you're able to have really defined and fast bass response after the distortion (not like a unboosted Recto that is boomy as fuck).
I assume that's what the JP Mark video is about (cant watch it right now).
Cut the bass before the distortion, boost it again afterwards. So you don't get a thin sound.
If you have very fucused high mids before the distortion then pick attack comes through more, making the sound even more defined.

Ah ok, i have a mark preamp. considering that i understand what is meant with the bass response. but a peavey never gets "flabbery" in the lows like a mark can be :D