Evil hardcore

Mar 15, 2011
I'm not big into black metal, and I know that's supposed to be the most evil of all the evil, but I love that dark evil tone in the same vein, but set to other genres

For example:

I fucking love The Banner, Rise & Fall, Seven Sisters Of Sleep, etc. (although SSOS is a little more doom metal).

I also like new instances of doom metal, as in just really down beat, really heavy, but not necessarily with the "groove" of traditional doom. Essentially, I just like ultra heavy, down tempo, evil sounding metal. I'm not really into Black Sabbath, or Electric Wizard, or the traditional doom metal.

A good example of what I'm talking about is THIS SONG

Also the more kvlt it is without being black metal, the better.

If its influenced by black metal, thats fine.

Some of these are metal influenced hardcore and some are hardcore influenced metal but all are dark as hell, often occult related and some of my favorite things on the planet....DARK METALLIC HARDCORE/ DARK METALCORE, and hardcore influenced EXTREME METAL

There are so many more but here are some of my favorites:
Integrity
Ringworm
Rot In Hell
Withdrawl
Homewrecker
In Cold Blood
NAILS
Vallenfyre
Damnation A.D.
Harms Way
Naysayer
New Lows
Depravation
Empire of Rats
Full of Hell
Heartless
Asphyx
Carpathian Forrest (early)
Obituary
Pale Creation
Like Rats
War Hungry
Vermapyre
...and obviously SLAYER

Look into modern influenced modern crust bands like Bacchus, Dead in the Dirt, Early Graves, Young and In The Way, Balaclava, Fukpig, Sarbante, Antimelodix, and The Secret to name a few. They are so similar to what you are looking for I'm sure you'll love a lot of it. And a lot of these crust bands I've listed have free album downloads on their bandcamp, so there is no excuse not to go check it out. Hope this helps.

DTMC: 706- stay croosh!

Checking out every band I haven't heard yet, simply because you named Ringworm and Young and In The Way

Have you heard All Pigs Must Die?

Last edited by a moderator: