Evil Legend Records Finally Gets A Website.

Evil_Legend

Mar 24, 2005
www.evillegendrecords.com Complete update is now up. I just added HALLOWEEN - Don't Metal With Evil!!! Great album!

Check it out. It's only one page now. I have part of my logo up. I'm not sure if I'm just going to keep that or add a body to it, we will see. I am going to add more to my site, I just haven't deceided yet what I want to do. I have a message board that I can launch, but I doubt I'm going to launch that anytime soon.

All positive and negative comments are welcome. Feel free to throw ideas out. I am open to suggestions.

Thanks.

cool deal ... my recommendation is to do an ecommerce site using something like http://www.zen-cart.com/modules/frontpage/

It's free and you can accept Paypal through it.

The Aural Webstore for example is done with it ...
http://www.auralmusic.com/public/catalog/

If you want people to buy instantly it is best to have somethis like this where you give them full control. These ecommerce sites are super easy to maintain via a backend as well.

Good luck with it!!!!

I will think about that. The only problem is that a lot of stuff is somewhat rare. I go in and out of stock very quickly and it would be a pain if someone ordered something and I was temp. out.

I like it, for rare/oop/htf/wtf stuff you want just a simple list o' shit to look through.

Evil_Legend said:
I will think about that. The only problem is that a lot of stuff is somewhat rare. I go in and out of stock very quickly and it would be a pain if someone ordered something and I was temp. out.

actually Zen Cart allows you to add the amount of items in stock for a particular item ... once it sells out, you can either have it automatically marked SOLD OUT or removed from the site altogether. Totally automated inventory control.

lurch70 said:
actually Zen Cart allows you to add the amount of items in stock for a particular item ... once it sells out, you can either have it automatically marked SOLD OUT or removed from the site altogether. Totally automated inventory control.

Oh. I did not know that. I'm really primitive when it comes to the computer. Another thing is that I prefer PAYPAL as a last resort for payment.

I'm debating on doing all of my outside the USA shipping via UPS. I'm not decided though.

Thanks for all the comments so far. :headbang:

I'm debating on doing all of my outside the USA shipping via UPS. I'm not decided though.

I can tell you for sure that will be impossible. Rates are sky high by UPS Internationally, it woul doffset the price of the items tremendously.

US Mail is your only cost effective choice I am afraid for overseas shipping.

Take it from me ... I deal with UPS, DHL and USPS on a daily basis.

lurch70 said:

Ah, so that's what you do for a living....

newman_f_b_pdTSSEIC.jpg

:tickled:

lurch70 said:
I can tell you for sure that will be impossible. Rates are sky high by UPS Internationally, it woul doffset the price of the items tremendously.

US Mail is your only cost effective choice I am afraid for overseas shipping.

Yeah. I was kind of afraid of that, but UPS does have the tracking number on the packages and I do like that.

lurch70 said:
this guy is more me hero :loco: :tickled:

cliff.jpg

When you were a kid, did you ever watch Postman Pat? "Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his black & white cat...early in the morning, when the day is dawning, la la la". Best kids show ever!

_720419_postman_pat150.jpg

JayKeeley said:
When you were a kid, did you ever watch Postman Pat? "Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his black & white cat...early in the morning, when the day is dawning, la la la". Best kids show ever!

never heard of it ... I came to the US in 84 .. and in Romania all I had was Bugs Bunny on TV and Barry Manilow on the radio :loco:

I added a really obscure 80's US METAL MP3 on my site for a treat for all you 80's obscure fanatics. It's pretty sweet. The band is called MAJESTIC RYTE. The drumming sounds MANILLA ROAD - ish.

Let me know what you all think. It's about a 3 minute song.

This is just a treat, I won't be able to stock this or anything.

JayKeeley said:

Aye, the Postman and his cat kicked vast amounts of backside. :)

Wasn't some russe knot to watch an entire Postman Pat episode and take a tequila shot each time he talked to his cat? That sounded so fun, I might have to borrow it! :lol:

Crimson Velvet said:
Wasn't some russe knot to watch an entire Postman Pat episode and take a tequila shot each time he talked to his cat? That sounded so fun, I might have to borrow it! :lol:

Each time he "bomgira", and he never even does that, so it's pretty pointless :p