Ex-DIO Guitarist CRAIG GOLDY Says He Voted For DONALD TRUMP: He 'Loves His Country' And...

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Former DIO guitarist Craig Goldy says that he hopes President Donald Trump will "get a chance to really show people what he's all about" because he believes that the billionaire real estate mogul "loves his country" and "wants to get rid of the bullshit." The current DREAM CHILD and DIO DISCIPLES axeman made his comments during a wide-ranging interview with "The Metal Gods Meltdown" which can be heard in its entirety below. Speaking about the the 45th president of the United States Of America, Goldy said: "Donald Trump, he is a jackass, but at least he's not owned by anybody. So that way when he walks into office, he's not automatically having to operate under somebody else's agenda other than his own. I think he gave us a bad sell job, but deep down inside, I think he really does wanna try to do something good. And same thing with poor [former president] Barack Obama — he walked into a good-old-boy situation, and they were not gonna let a black president solve all the problems that all the white idiots made, so they fought him tooth and nail. "I love what [comedian] Chris Rock said: 'George Bush screwed up so bad that a white president can't even get elected.' [Laughs] "And nowadays, [Trump] is such a jackass, but he's calling people on their shit — he's saying, 'Look, you made a bad deal here,'" Goldy continued. "So the press is trying to make him sound like he's shutting down all these good programs. No — what he's trying to do is reorganize good programs, so that they are good programs and not just draining our economy, 'cause we're helping all these other people and we're not doing a damn thing for ourselves." Adding that he voted for Trump, Goldy went on to say: "I'm there — I'm hoping that someday he'll get a chance to really show people what he's all about. 'Cause I really think, deep down inside, he really loves his country and he wants to make a change and he wants to get rid of the bullshit. And he has got over two hundred years of bullshit to clean up in four years. So God bless him." Goldy joined DIO during the "Sacred Heart" tour in 1986 after original guitarist Vivian Campbell was fired from the band. For the past several years, Goldy has played sporadic shows with DIO DISCIPLES, which is made up of former members of DIO, along with a rotating lineup of singers, including former JUDAS PRIEST frontman Tim "Ripper" Owens. Goldy's new band, DREAM CHILD, will release its debut album, "Until Death Do We Meet Again", on September 14 via Frontiers Music Srl. Joining the guitarist in the group are Wayne Findlay (MSG) on guitar and keyboards, Simon Wright (AC/DC, DIO, OPERATION: MINDCRIME) on drums, Rudy Sarzo (QUIET RIOT, OZZY OSBOURNE, WHITESNAKE, DIO) on bass, and Diego Valdez (HELKER) on vocals.

Continue reading...