Ex-SLAYER Drummer DAVE LOMBARDO: Pro-Shot Footage Of New Drum Solo

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Professionally filmed video footage of former SLAYER and current PHILM drummer Dave Lombardo performing a drum solo at his studio in Los Angeles, California on November 23, 2013 can be seen below. The clip was filmed by Rick Kosick, Benji Lanpher and edited by Rick Kosick. Lombardo sat out SLAYER's Australian tour in February/March due to a contract dispute with the other members of the group. Filling in for him was Jon Dette (TESTAMENT, ANTHRAX). Dave has since been replaced in the band by Paul Bostaph, who was SLAYER's drummer from 1992 until 2001 and recorded four albums with the group. During a recent appearance on "The Steve Austin Show - Unleashed!" podcast, SLAYER guitarist Kerry King stated about the band's latest split with Lombardo: "When Dave was in [the band] this last time, I figured I'd be on the stage with him until one of us fell off the stage, dead. Things change. He got some bad advice and listened to some bad advice, gave us an ultimatum ten days before we went to Australia [to do the Soundwave festival tour]. And I said, 'I can't have this over my head.' And I feel bad for Dave to this day; I really feel bad for him because he shot himself in the foot. Maybe he thought he had the upper hand, but you ain't gonna get me…. Before I got home, I knew exactly what I was going to do for Australia." Lombardo will join a series of exclusive 2014 Adelaide Festival concerts in Adelaide, Australia with avant-garde musician John Zorn. Lombardo will perform with John Zorn and Bill Laswell as part of the BLADERUNNER trio, featuring in Zorn's concert, Triple Bill.

More...