Ex-THE GATHERING Singer ANNEKE VAN GIERSBERGEN Talks To PEEK FROM THE PIT (Video)

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Nick Azinas of Peek From The Pit conducted an interview with former THE GATHERING singer Anneke Van Giersbergen before her October 19 concert at Jazz Café in London, England. You can now watch the chat below. Anneke Van Giersbergen's new solo album, "Drive", was released on September 23 in Europe and on October 15 in North America via InsideOut Music. Anneke had this to say about the album: "In a time when entire albums are being created by transferring files online, I really wanted to do things the old-fashioned way and record an album together with a group of musicians in a studio. "The album is infused with enthusiasm and freshness. I'm really happy with it." Anneke Van Giersbergen will take part in the first annual Progressive Nation At Sea, which is due to take place between February 18 and February 22, 2014. The cruise also includes frequent collaborator Devin Townsend, as well as TRANSATLANTIC, SPOCK'S BEARD, KING'S X and many more, Anneke had this to say about joining the InsideOut roster, where she joins Devin Townsend: "I look forward to a long and prosperous collaboration with InsideOut Music. We share a genuine passion for music and it's great to become labelmates with my friend Devin Townsend and many more talented musicians. I am incredibly happy with my new album and I am stoked it will be available all over the world!" "Drive" track listing: 01. We Live On 02. Treat Me Like A Lady 03. She 04. Drive 05. My Mother Said 06. Forgive Me 07. You Will Never Change 08. Mental Jungle 09. Shooting For The Stars 10. The Best Is Yet To Come Anneke van Giersbergen announced her departure from THE GATHERING in 2007. She has since released five albums on her own and with her AGUA DE ANNIQUE solo project: "Air" (2007), "Pure Air" (2009), "In Your Room" (2009), "Everything Is Changing" (2012) and "Drive" (2013). Interview:
Performance:

annekejazzcafe.jpg

More...