Exeter last night.

Black Lagoon

Apr 24, 2001
Cornwall, England
Visit site
What a crowd!!!

There was me, my brother, Diamond Dave and.............Madgirl...........and ..oh the support band.
Its no fuckin' wonder I have to travel to gigs when no fucker turns up to the ones bands do play down here!:(

Anyway I did enjoy it they were very good, and thanks to 54 for actually bothering to play.

Now for some constructive criticism. (that you can either listen to or tell me to fuck off!)

1. Talk to the crowd (I now it was only 10 of us), but introduce songs, plug the album, abuse people, get your knob out, do something to stop the silence between songs.

2. Play for longer. Even if it is just for another 10 mins, chuck a cover version in or something.

3. Tune the drummers kit, or get rid of half of it, as the drum sound live and on the record is awful. The guy can drum...well...but it seems like he is trying to hard to be clever when it ain't needed.

That was the thoughts of me and my brother after the gig.

Anyway, all in all I thought they were very good and It was well worth the 100 mile drive. Hopefully I be seeing them again soon in Falmouth or Plymouth.

I'll get the Falmouth number to you shortly MG.
:headbang:

Got to agree with point 1 totally - I know talking isn't as important as music, but it does help to get the band over a bit more.

Point 2 - dropping in a cover would be a good idea, allow people who don't know the record to get into it a bit more.

point 3 - I was amazed the drums fitted on stage - didn't allow easy access in and out.

And was well worth the two hour drive each way to the gig.

Ok
u heard us talkin ... the band made the executive decision to remove tracks on account of several reasons, one of them being fact no fucker turned up.
drum sound - nowt wrong.. and well... anyone who was at the hitchin gig will have seen that Lakis most certainly talk to the crowd. i think that night he had a whole conversation with them...

and ive seen that on more than one occassion. infact ive seen it at practically every gig ive ever been to. and it had nothing to do with it being empty cuz at worcester was a similar situation and he talked a load then.

54 arent really a cover band...... ive never seen them drop in a cover.. they certainly have enough of their own stuff to do.

It was worth the drive though. ur right there.. cheers for buying the shirt!

and cheers in advance for the contact BL

MG

I can understand that 54 would rather play their own stuff rather than covers, it's certainly good enough and I don't think that they should become a covers band.

But they can be handy when people aren't familar with their own material.