EXIST Featuring Members Of CYNIC, DEATH TO ALL: 'Sunlight' Debut Out Now

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Progressive metal band EXIST — featuring members of CYNIC, DEATH TO ALL and former NEVERMORE guitarist Jeff Loomis' backing group — has just released its debut album titled "Sunlight". Copies are available in both digital ($2 or name your own price) and physical ($10 CD) format via link textwww.existband.com. EXIST is:Max Phelps (guitar, vocals)Alex Weber (bass, vocals)Matt Clise (drums)Regarding the songwriting process in EXIST, Phelps told Decibel magazine: "The compositions are just based on ideas that I have in my head, sometimes with the guitar, but they're intuitive ideas that I just really like and get attached to. And then I try to just build the compositions around that. It's a pretty natural process, one of those things where it kind of felt like it wrote itself. Maybe that seems cliché to say, but it wasn't a forced process, it was just that I liked these ideas and I played them over and over in my head and it just formed itself after a while. I don't know if there were really literal concepts as much as ideas that kind of built. And I guess the improv thing is part of it 'cause that's just how we play. [Some of it] might have been the result of toying around with a chord progression that I already. I think some of [the improv] comes out because that's what we do already. We jam a lot. When we have a rehearsal, we'll stretch that stuff out, explore things… not even productively, just for fun. [laughs]"

existsunlight.jpg

More...