Exodus Saturday Night

thraxx

You'll Be in Hell With ME
Nov 23, 2002
www.anthrax.com
Exodus will be playing in Sunnyvale California saturday night Nov, 05 - @ The Avalon Theatre...Anyone going???????

Review from the SFMetal Board......

The Santa Clara show was AMAZING.

I saw some friends from the Exo-board & the Earth Dog Forum and talked with Ted Aguilar (punkerted) extensively too.

Had a great time in spite of some Neo-fascist nut talking racial shit to another guy (who happened to be White and embarrassed by this dude) out in the smoking section moments before EXODUS took the stage. Dickhead starting singling me out in his conversation as well some Latinas who was standing next to him briefly until he mentioned some racist shit about Hispanics and they walked away. Didn't surprise me, since he was wearing a Panzerfaust Records shirt (which is a White Power Record Label). I just kept an eye on him until EXODUS came on. You should've heard some of the shit this guy was spewing.

Funny thing is, he seemed to act all chummy towards the end of the show with this much larger Black dude (with a Biker Vest) in the pit. Although, it did look like in the beginning they were going to come to blows.

And whoever let out the stink bomb towards the end of EXODUS' set was just WRONG!!!

Oakland's WATCH THEM DIE were pretty good - thrashy and hardcore. CRISIS - too alternative for my tastes. 3 INCHES OF BLOOD were killer - went down extremely well with the crowd. Gotta thank Darlingos for getting me into them MANY months ago!!!

Now, EXODUS tore it up like I knew they would. This line-up is a well-oiled machine. Tight and heavy as fuck!!! And Rob was exceptional and professional (even when he had some mic troubles - he handled the situation extremely well, even though you could see he was clearly pissed and annoyed. But he never missed his cues whether the mic worked or not).

And given this was the last night of the US tour (and hopefully, this was only just the 1st leg of the US tour), the members of the opening bands, were gathered on the side stage to join the band on some numbers and do plenty of stagedives (much to the annoyance of Security *lol*).

And while I didnt get into CRISIS' set, I will admit that vocalist Karen did a phenominal job dueting w/ Rob on "I Am Abomination". And the dude from WATCH THEM DIE (the guitarist/vocalist) was very good also on "Pirahna"!!! I'm pretty sure another member of CRISIS joined them as well, but I don't remember which song.

And lastly, back to the man we call exodukes - I am totally convinced of his abilities on the older shit. He totally channeled Baloff and Zetro on those respective songs. As far as I'm concerned, the naysayers can shut up now. Well done, Rob!!!! A++++++

Don't really need to give props to the rest of the band, since we all know they simply kick ass. They're well seasoned professional players whom I have been watching for years (in the case of Gary, Paul and Lee), since the old Thrash scene. And Jack was solid as he always is!!!

You folks in Europe (and Japan, if they go there) are in for one helluva treat with this line-up. They're gonna give many bands a run for their money on stage (including my personal favorites SLAYER, if they ever share a stage together again).

SETLIST:

BONDED BY BLOOD
RAZE
DEATHAMPHETAMINE
A LESSON IN VIOLENCE
ALTERED BOY
NOW THY DEATH DAY COMES
SHUDDER TO THINK
SCAR SPANGLED BANNER
PIRAHNA (w/ one of the dudes from WATCH THEM DIE)
ABOMINATION (w/ Karen (CRISIS)
.44 MAGNUS OPUS
SHOVEL HEADED KILL MACHINE
WAR IS MY SHEPARD
STRIKE OF THE BEAST