Expectations?

Thrillho

I'm Freaking Out!!one!!
Feb 12, 2005
Philly Burbs
Hey guys. I got my tickets to see Anthrax in NJ next week, and I was just wondering what I may be able to expect. I know that a lot of you have already seen the reunion line-up, and I was just curious as to;

How does the band sound?
How long was the set?
Any goodies in the set list?

And other shit like that. If anyone wants to fill me in that'd be hot. I have never gotten to see the old line-up before, so I am looking forward to it.

Anybody who is planning on turning this thread in to a debate as to which singer is better and which guitar player kicks more ass please see every other thread. I dig both eras, hense the reason I have seen them so many times, and am going to see them again now.

u were in the same boat as me man,i didnt know what the hell to expect but jeez i was pleasantly suprised,the band are as crushing as ever and should be a well oiled machine now,joey is a pure natural and the crowd will take to joey like he never even left,concert in sydney went for well over 130mins,sound will obviously vary but being that its recorded for dvd is should be loud and crystal clear,the reunion show had way more energy than wcfya tour,mainly becasue it was strictly an anthrax crowd with a great local support band,soe great singalong moments without much push needed from joey,the crowd just does it!

i really enjoyed hearing a.i.r and medusa by joey,but everyone will have there own favs right..

yeah...should be an "ok" gig........they were ok on the night when I saw em in Dublin..........JK there btw...............IT FUKIN RULED.............you will have the best time since sliced bread

Its awesome, If you've ever seen Anthrax you know its an energetic show!! Pure entertainment, fucking awesome!!! I was surprised to hear them play Armed & Dangerous. I've seen them six times since '87 & it was the first time I've heard that song live!! pleasantly surprised!! You'll definitely enjoy the show!!!

I saw them 5 times with the bush line up but they totally destroyed all of those times with the original line up, they were beyond belief!

The charisma, the energy oh and they were tight too!

Joey must be one of the best frontmen in metal! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Fuck just a all rounggreat time. Ive always thought joey was better and he just is an immense frontman. i gett he feeling he realyl values the band and the crowd

Really?!?! Armed and Dangerous! Wow I hope I get to hear shit like that! I'm hoping for a lot of POT era shit too.

^
they played in my world and got the time from POT at the perth gig. Would have liked to see them play time and keep it in the family (they have played these at reunion shows), suprised they didnt play belly of the beast.

Great show, unsurpassed energy level, joey is the man :headbang:

Thrillho said:
Hey guys. I got my tickets to see Anthrax in NJ next week, and I was just wondering what I may be able to expect. I know that a lot of you have already seen the reunion line-up, and I was just curious as to;

How does the band sound?
How long was the set?
Any goodies in the set list?

And other shit like that. If anyone wants to fill me in that'd be hot. I have never gotten to see the old line-up before, so I am looking forward to it.

Anybody who is planning on turning this thread in to a debate as to which singer is better and which guitar player kicks more ass please see every other thread. I dig both eras, hense the reason I have seen them so many times, and am going to see them again now.

I saw Bushthrax last year and I have to say that JoeyThrax had a level of intensity that just couldn't be matched (thats not slamming Bush either as I love the Bald headed daddy and that concert was amazing too!).

But there was a level of emotion at this one for me personally that was just magic. It was like reliving a childhood past - memories of highschool and the late 80s. I defy anyone not to get goosebumps when the first chords of ATL start the show.

Joey just stole the show. His singing was fantastic and he really genuinely loved being up there and talking to the crowd. Sound wise Danny & Scott were just amazing. Danny is so underrated its not funny how good he is. Frankie and Charlie were their usual solid selfs.

Overall you shouldn't be disappointed. Basically go in there and just witness maybe your last chance at a bygone Anthrax era with all guns blazing.

:headbang: