extol

luke

Messianic Subliminal Mind
May 2, 2001
Soapland
Visit site
Just had a listen to their new release, and was impressed, but didn't have enough time to listen long enough to have it sink in. Any thoughts on the band? Flipping through the jacket, I noticed some pretty christian influenced lyrics....Did a christian band finally learn how to play?

Extol is a extreme christian band. They say they do it for god, not for the music, that's why I think they fuckign suck!

I LOVE EXTOL!!!!!!!!!!!!i own their every record..
i have seen them live many times and it`s just indecrible..just cannot describe.
i`ve heard that argument about christian bands more that once and i don`t understand it really.
"good music, lots of talent ,but they are christians so i cannot listen them"
real music lovers you are.

"and i watch how your big words
return with an echo of emptiness
inside your walls of fears
feeding the insecurity"-extol

Originally posted by Silver Celta
Extol is a extreme christian band. They say they do it for god, not for the music, that's why I think they fuckign suck!

Why do you care who they play who they play music for, as long as it's good? :rolleyes:

I LOVE EXTOL!!!!!!!!!!!!i own their every record..
i have seen them live many times and it`s just indecrible..just cannot describe.
i`ve heard that argument about christian bands more that once and i don`t understand it really.
"good music, lots of talent ,but they are christians so i cannot listen them"
real music lovers you are.

Why do you care who they play who they play music for, as long as it's good?
It's completely annoying to read the lyrics and see those stupidities. It's as stupid as this satanism crap! And it sucks badly to go to a concert and listen to christian crap among the songs!

I have some nice christian friends which don't bug me with their religious shit. Although I know christian people that will start to tell me how I must live my life, that I'm a fucking sinner, that I must turn to god and shit while I haven't even asked the asshole anything about nothing! Can't he just talk pleasantly about something normal?

It's pissant! :mad:

hey hey!!!
don`t get me wrong!!
it`s your opinion (about extol and christianity) , i respect that...
but you judged their music because they are christians..i understand your point about lyrics too but i think we can be pissed off about any lyrics what we don`t like...
maybe i felt little a bit offended because i know some of the extol guys and they really are`t that kind of preaching christians..i cansider myself as a believer too and i am pissed about those "i know everything,right and wrong, you should ask me anything, i know what to do"-christians

let`s put this pedal to the metal!!!!!!!!
PEACE

It makes no sense that you don't like the music because of the lyrics. More than half the time you can't understand what they are saying. If the lyrics piss you off, don't read them. Sheesh

I like them and its cool to find a christian group trying to make hard metal
but the music is good,new and exciting,and if you dont like the lyrics dont read them
they remind me a little bit to solefald ,one of my favorite bands and thats g0od

Have you heard a side project of their Guitarist called Lengsel? It is fucking CRAZY shit. It's way heavier and more extreme than Extol is, definately check them out. I happen to love Extol, and ironically they were one of the bands that got me into BLACK metal...

I have Undeceived too, I bought it because it received a rating of 95/100 in Aardschok and I heard a track of them on mp3.com before, which I remembered liking.

I am usually pretty hesitant towards christian bands, because many have this annoying preaching attitude, but I think Extol are one of the few christian bands who's music doesn't sound very christian, if you just ignore the lyrics, you won't notice.

Listen to the vocals, the raw vocals are great and really dirty, I like the clean vocals too and the violin parts are nice.

Basically I think every fan of high class melodic (Death) Metal should check them out.

extol rule. i've seen them live 7 times and i own every album they have released... they are really technical, and original. i also happen to know the guys in extol, and they are not "preachy" at all. they're just nice! and yes they are christian. if you think the lyrics are preachy, i really don't see the difference between bands like deicide, who are doing the same thing, only it's about satan. and really come on, do you prefer lyrics like "KILL ALL CHRISTIANS"?