EXTREME/Ex-VAN HALEN Singer GARY CHERONE Returns With New HURTSMILE Album 'Retrogrena

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
HURTSMILE, the band led by the third VAN HALEN frontman, Gary Cherone (also of EXTREME), who took over when Sammy Hagar left the group (or was fired, depending on whom you ask) in 1996, is teaming up with PledgeMusic.com to issue a new album, "Retrogrenade", on June 2, with a public release to follow. Available now at PledgeMusic.com is a free download of the single "Rock & Roll Cliché". Following up the group's 2011 self-titled debut, HURTSMILE's "Retrogrenade" pays homage to almost every genre Cherone has presented in the past and still finds room to give you something new. Inspired by their classic rock roots, "it is the collective effort of the band flexing their musical muscle," says Gary. Diverse tracks include the AEROSMITH- and AC/DC-inspired "Rock & Roll Cliché", the hook-laden "Hello I Must Be Going", the epic blues of "Where Do We Go From Here", to the sweet acoustic broken-hearted harmonies of "Goodbye". HURTSMILE rebels against traditional cohesiveness and does not attempt to capture a specific mood. It rather bombards you with a multitude of emotions and challenges you to go along for the ride. HURTSMILE is Gary Cherone on vocals, Mark Cherone (FLESH) on guitar, Joe Pessia (TANTRIC, DRAMAGODS) on bass and Dana Spellman on drums. "Retrogrenade" track listing:01. Rock & Roll Cliché02. Hello I Must Be Going03. Big Government04. I Still Do05. Sing A Song (My Mia)06. Anymore (Don't Want My Love)07. Where Do We Go From Here08. A Melody For You09. Wonder What10. Walk Away11. Good Bye12. Pump it Up
hurtsmileretrocd.jpg
hurtsmile2014band_638.jpg

More...