F.a.q. - Read These

jimbobhickville

Tyrant in Distress
I've received many questions over the past couple months, so I thought I'd write down the answere here for everyone. Some of these are covered in the rules, but not everyone has been following them.

Is it okay to enter promos/singles/demos, etc? Yes, of course. The more data the better. If it is not a standard studio CD, you should identify it by including one of the following words in parentheses after the title of the album: Demo, Single, EP, Bootleg, Comp., Split, Live, Promo. (i.e. Album Name (Demo)).

How do we handle re-releases? Do NOT create 2 entries for the disc unless it was re-recorded (not remastered, re-recorded). You should simply include any bonus tracks from the re-release (if applicable) in the normal version of the disc, label the tracks as (Bonus), and in the description of the disc state that it was re-released with the bonus tracks listed. Extra discs - same thing.

If the album has more than one cover, how do I handle that?
Now it is possible to do this. Just edit the album again and use the upload form to upload a new image. In the future, I will try to make it so you can upload multiple photos without leaving the page.

Is there any way to note that a musician is a guest?
Yes, now there is a guest lineup for each band on each album. Just use the lineup editor.

What if I don't have an image-editing program?
Not a problem any more, as long as the image you find online is 1MB or less, you can upload it and the site will resize it appropriately for you.

Add questions here if you want to.