Faded Grey - Metalcore from Michigan NEEDS HELP with MIX!

Oct 3, 2013
Michigan
www.facebook.com
Faded Grey is a metalcore band from Michigan inspired by Northlane, Whitechapel, August Burns Red, among many others great bands.

We strive to make our own sound and try not to get the typical, "You guys sound like ____!"

Every one of our songs has a different feel, a different groove, and a different meaning.

I just received the mixes back from the producer and I feel like they lack some balls. I REALLY need help with telling him what to do to make them sound better due to my hearing being very poor - even though I am 22.

If anyone would help, would be appreciated. I can email all mixes upon request.

Personal email: granetr@gmail.com

The raw tracks are definitly well recorded.This could be mixed well so easily damn....Tell your producer to not cut as much low end out of the guitar, beef up the kick drum. The toms legit have more body than the kick. Also a strong bass tone would help this a ton.
Ugh i really wish i was mixing this hahah, any chance you guys have the budget to hire someone else to mix/master it ?

We spent all of our money after we paid the guy to record, mix, and master them. We were not aware they would come out this way. After we paid for the songs we spent the rest on merch and gear to be ready and professional. So, right now we are strapped to the table.

There's very little low end, the kick has no body, and the snare is smashed all to hell.

Do you have the raw tracks?

The song needs a little low end loving. A stronger and more present bass will help fill out the low end and help give the song some of the energy that it seems to be lacking. The strings sound very thin, dry, and too compressed, so when they kick in they sound a little out of place. Also the song sounds over compressed, which is sucking some of the life out of it.