FAETHOM - Horror-themed Extreme Metal

Lasa Tanica

New Metal Member
Nov 2, 2010
Hey guys! You have to check out this incredible band from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Their name is FAETHOM and they are so freaking awesome. They’re a mix of Horror and Heavy Metal with hints of Death and Black Metal. They have a female vocalist named Mariela and she growls and does clean vocals. Her voice is super weird and unique. She composes and performs all keyboard and vocal arrangements. The keyboards are so majestic and dark. I love them. The guitars are handled by David and they are amazing, very complex and melodic. He does the most killer solos in every single song! The co-founders and composers are Mariela and David. The two of them write all the music and lyrics and they get musicians to perform live. They just released an EP called “Lullaby for Heathen Spawn” and it’s for sale at CDBABY or you can download it at amazon.com, Itunes, Napster, etc. I would definitely buy the CD . It’s so worth it. They will be releasing a full-length album soon and the awesome thing is that it’s going to be a concept album based on a story that Mariela wrote. David and Mariela are both from Bolivia. If you don’t know where that is, it’s right at the heart of South America. They current live lineup includes Argentinean bassist Federico (formerly of Gaia) and Colombian drummer Daniel (formerly of Molech) and of course David on guitars and Mariela on vocals and keyboards. David and Mariela recorded the entire EP at home! They did use drum programming because they did not have sufficient funds to record live drums but David did such a beautiful job at mixing the album you can barely tell it’s not a live drum. I totally support bands that don’t let lack of money or label support stop them from releasing their own work. This makes me love them so much more for all their hard work, courage, and perseverance. I’ve seen some videos on you tube of their live performances and they rock. I hope I get to see them live soon. They like to use props and Mariela has a very theatrical way of performing. If you like King Diamond, Mercyful Fate, Notre Dame, Morbid Angel, Death, Unleashed, Witchery then this is the band for you. They have a little bit of everything in their music: Black, Thrash, Death, Melodic, Progressive, you name it. They like to incorporate a little bit of everything they love in Metal. That is why it’s so hard to classify them. I definitely want to get the word out about Faethom, bands like this need support, we need to help them rise from the underground and help spread their music. Please help me do this. Go check out their MySpace to hear their music at www.myspace.com/faethom or go to their website at www.faethomweb.com and definitely buy their CD at www.cdbaby.com/cd/faethom SUPPORT INDPENDANT METAL!!!

index.cfm