Falconer & Dragonforce Interview on Total Rock

dragonmaiden

Lady of the Vale Forlorn
Sep 9, 2002
Hartlepool, UK
Visit site
Just been listening to Total Rock and apparently Falconer & Dragonforce are going to be interviewed on Charlie Andrews Rock 'n' Roll Ponderosa on Friday between 9 and 12pm GMT. Thought some of you might want to tune in.

Bloody hell, won't be able to hang round for all of that....in fact, shit, I can't at all :cry: well, can some brave soul transcript it or something?! :D

Listening to Rock 'n' Roll Ponderosa now ...and what an enjoyable show....Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, Freedom Call...wow!! Then he spoils it by paying Running Wild...sorry if there are any ardent Running Wild fans here ..but I can't stand 'em!! Anyway..I digress....apparently Falconer aren't able to make it in for the interview :( Dragonforce should still be in attendance so I'll keep my ears pinned back.

Originally posted by dragonmaiden
Listening to Rock 'n' Roll Ponderosa now ...and what an enjoyable show....Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, Freedom Call...wow!!
Pah! Don't rub it in... I used to listen to Charlie every day (when his show was 12:00 to 15:00), but then they stopped streaming in Real Audio, and switched to WMF -- and since I don't run Windows, I can't listen to Totalrock any more. Bastards :-( Oh, and yes, I'm a Running Wild fan :)

Charlie Andrews is DJing tonight ..... so that should be good...and apparently there are going to be lots of pyrotechnics!!!!! Apart from that not alot to report from the interview. I think a bit of falling down water had been imbibed. Shred did the bulk of the talking...well about 99.9.%. Oh...I forgot....apparently JP Fournier is doing the Dragonforce album cover too...but it's not finished yet.

Originally posted by Symphony
Let's have a report on the DF show if anyone is there....TET?
Well, it was definitely a different night out, to say the least! I'd been fixing the front suspension on the car for most of the day, and only just got it finished before I had to leave, so I was still covered in oil and grease when I arrived :) Intense were OK. They reminded me a bit of a slightly less thrashy Iced Earth. Falconer were awesome, even if Mathias looked a little awkward as a fontman. "Upon the grave of guilt", in particular, was amazing. Dragonforce started out with "Revelations", and seemed to be doing really well, probably the best I've seen them since Halford. They added one that wasn't from the demo CD, presumably destined for the album, but it sounded very strong. "Starfire" and "Disciples of Babylon" were both good, too, although I felt Sam's guitars were mixed too low, and the drums were mixed too high throughout the evening. At the end of a very short set, the band just left the stage. It was all very sudden. No "thanks, good night", they just left. The audience weren't sure what was happening, and so weren't exactly clamouring for an encore. However, the band did come back out, only to be greeted by technical problems. The keyboards had gone silent, and then as Herman was doing a guitar solo as a filler until the keyboards were fixed, his amp lost all power. Very Spïnal Tap! So, a memorable night, one way of another, both for the high quality of music, and for the amusing screwups at the end :) My only real complaint would be the lack of merchandise. I've hassled Herman about it in the past. That's something that Area 54 really get right. T-shirts help promote the band enormously, and it's about time Dragonforce had some.

yeah, i haven't heard that one. they did mention the sound problems on the dragonforce forum, but the people that had been to the show, thought it was great..dragonforce is apperantly amazing live.

"swearing at the folks leaving"
i would say that is quite unproffesional..

what did sam think of the shows?

Originally posted by WeekendWarrior
"swearing at the folks leaving"
i would say that is quite unproffesional..

what did sam think of the shows?

Eh?! What's this about?! :confused:

You sarky little bastard ;) When?! Why? The old boy's got some surprises in him them if that's what he's up to at his gigs :D never saw that coming!

Originally posted by Ayeka
You sarky little bastard ;) When?! Why?
:) Pretty much throughout the whole gig, actually. But at several times, he seemed to be directing it specifically at the audience, rather than just in general. For example, when people were leaving when the power failed.