Fallout 4?

I was sure that if there was going to be any news, it would be June 14, when they hold a presentation at E3.

There is "stuff" embeded in the HTML:
"PA system failure has occured. Shutdown of the Masterbrain has been authorized and all sensitive materials have been removed for security purposes. Please attempt re-access. Have a pleasant day."

ARELKJGjhiuasdhfiudhfds gimme. Now just hope they handballed the story and mechanic design off to the Obsidian guys, so we don't get an abortion like FO3 again.

I always thought general consensus was that FO3 was better than New Vegas (which is what I think), but I never played the originals so I might be missing something.

I wouldn't agree with that. Obsidian lack resources, so their implementation is usually quite bug ridden, which is what New Vegas suffered from. On the whole I think it's a much truer experience to the originals than 3 was. 3 lacked a certain grit and attitude you'd expect from that universe. It felt sort of like a post-apocalyptic Elder Scrolls game. Somewhat cookie cutter.

As a bias, I give New Vegas bonus points for using some of Mark Morgan's original compositions for the game, as opposed to 3, which just used Inon Zur's abortions.

1316973157003.jpg

3 lacked a certain grit and attitude you'd expect from that universe. It felt sort of like a post-apocalyptic Elder Scrolls game. Somewhat cookie cutter.

100%

Fallout 2 is one of my favorite games EVER EVER EVER. It's great.

Still haven't finished WASTELAND 2, but it's pretty damn good as well.

Obsidian got 18 months to make Fallout: New Vegas, they were rushed.
The Legion was supposed to be much more fleshed out, and they had planned 7 DLC.

I like both F3 and NV, but if I had to chose a favourite, it'd be NV.

As a sidenote..
“The Steam Summer Sale will begin on June 11 and last until June 20, according to a prematurely-revealed social post.”
zrealh6.gif

The Fallout games will probably be on sale..

That's sort of been their lot in life. Similar situation back with KOTOR 2 (one of the best RPGs of all time, for those who haven't played) where Lucas Arts wouldn't let them finish all the content they had planned.

Yeah, personally I love KOTOR, but I've bought both.
There's a cut content mod for KOTOR 2 that adds things that were cut or not completly finished. It's supposed to make the game way, way better..
Haven't played through it with the mod.

Incidentally, Fallout 1 and 2 (at least 2) have the same thing and they're better with restoration.

I'm pretty excited but the bugs were always an issue. Especially when you play some parts of NV and end up having to redo everything from a stupid mistake. Although when I played New Vegas at first I was kind of overwhelmed with all the factions and whatnot. Then again, that was awhile ago. Fallout 3 was a bit more straightforward.

I'm a little disappointed by the trailer. Graphics look only slightly, marginally improved from the current generation, and the animation looks similarly kinda awkward. I'm sure the gameplay will be amazing but I was hoping for a bit more technically. Props for using the in-game engine rather than a cutscene for the whole thing though.

Pros: We're getting a new Fallout.

Cons: It seems the leaks were true; you can only play as a male character and he character is voiced. Seems like it's Troy Baker, but.. meh..
The graphics aren't that good, it looks like a nicer F3, but that game is 7 years old.
It looks like Bioshock: Infinite puked all over Fallout.

I don't know, there's still the press conference at E3 on June 14th..

Years ago, I friend of mine was always telling me how awesome was fallout 3. After playing it for some hours I thought that the game was quite shitty. The RPG side of the game wasnt bad at all but the FPS side was really a shit, and what the fuck are those enemies? killer bees, mutant dogs, the most weird shit I ever saw and this was the main let down for me, couldnt stand the gameplay.