Family

scooterSST

Feb 3, 2004
Raleigh, NC
www.myspace.com
Mike, Matt, Nick, and by extension... James and Ron

The whole Dimebag thing has made me realize that I don't tell y'all often enough, that you're all like brothers to me... Even though I'm not part of the music anymore, we we're all friends before and we've managed to stay friends after.. which is so insanely rare with bands.

All of y'all have been there through the shitstorm that my life has been, the last couple of years, just wanted to say thanks.....

Scott

I am not a mushy person by any means... although the Vallium and Vicodin/Lortab are helping. \m/

Division is and has always been like a family to me. Hell - Mike and I have been together longer than anyone else in my life other than my parents (and he's catching up to them :) ) I've known Scott and been friends with him for 15 of my 32 years on this earth. All of the members current and previous are very near and dear to me. Every one of you has had an impact on my life and helped me grow as a person.

Life is short spend it with the people you love, doing the things you love.

I for one will be giving my family an extra hug (or scratch behind the ears) this evening.

...now tell the pigs to fuck off.

Earning the spot as Division's drummer has been a lifechanging experience for me and I don't think there could be a better family, which includes past members, long-time and new fans, etc to be a part of.

I've made great friends both in and around the band and I've learned A LOT about music from writing to performance. One of the best parts is that the family is that it seems that most everybody associated with this band champions hard work, brains, patience, professionalism, and having a good time, amongst many other great qualities.

I extend the thanks.

All of the current (and most of the past) members of Division - and their significant others - are as close to me as anyone could be. You guys have been my virtual family through the years, especially when the "real" one failed me on many occasions.

I've known Scott forever (17 years. We're actually that old!), and Matt, Dan and Nick for nearly as long. I feel lucky every day - well, unless Matt's had the fruit plate - to have you all as my "extended" family, and I'm happy that Lyric will grow up surrounded by people like you.

In other news, Matt's drugs seem to have removed his bad attitude. That's good stuff!

Fuck off, pigs!

...Did you hear what I said? Fuck...off!

Mike

Likewise, fellas, except of course the use of the word ya'll.

I was a fan of Division long before I was a member of the band, and we've all known each other for a long time. It really is like an extended family. I mean, we have three generations now: from Grandpa Mike all the way down to Little Ronk.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!
I never realized how often I said it until reading this and going "holy bajoly I say Y'all all the time"
I must hang my head in shame now...

Scooter and Division....jsut don't forget to us fans you are family. Friends are the family you get to pick! Scooter and Divsion..just remember you are Uncles Division to one young female headbanger. YOu show her that not all guys are complete jerks in this world and for that I am truly thankful and luv ya'll lots! Yes I'm southern....ya'lll was born into me!

HUGS

coldie

not sure i can truly call myself part of the Division crew yet, being that its only been almost a year since i first saw you guys, but the above sentiments are echoed by both me and my lovely girlfriend. you guys all rock

one of the greatest occupations I'd ever run into belonged to a friend of mine's ex-girlfriend: Court Stenographer in Mobile, Alabama. The word "y'all'all" is actually on record there.

I still consider myself a part of the family, even though I am still in exile... One day I'll return home, honest! I miss you all like mad. See you in a couple of weeks! :)

I'll try not to...I know security is a lot tighter these days ;)
har har

I leave in a week!! Can't wait to get the hell out of here and away from work for 10 days. Batten down the hatches...I'm blowing into town on the 23rd!

Heeeeeyyy, don't forget ME! I'll be back from VA Beach late on the 28th. I asked for the 1st off, and I shouldn't be here too late on NYE if I have to work...

After reading this, I'm feeling a bit vaklempt! Talk amongst yaselves...I'll give you a topic: Is 'nude' really a color, and if so why don't cheerleader outfits come in that color as standard?

Everytime I visit this forum I miss you guys more. I WILL get up there again soon...Nick I had a blast with you when you came to Tampa last October. Once I get my wedding all sorted out and over with, then we'll be able to look at making a trip up there.

There truly is NOTHING like a Division show...the CDs come close...but just don't replicate it. Conversations with Scott in the corner near the little bar at the door at Jaxx; Decyphering EJ's drunk-speak; Watching Matt & Mike's one-liner volleys as we ducked pool cues; Imagining what was going on in Dan's mind as he sat there and studied his beer before he downed it; Listening to Alex talk about artwork and somehow understanding what it all meant...and of course...being present when Nick's current avatar photo (can you say 'nice pillows fishie!") was taken...ahhhh...the memories. Oh crap...there I go again...getting all vaklempt. sniff sniff

Caracas