Fan Vids

SymphonyXV

Mar 9, 2010
Albany, NY
These kick ass

Egypt Music Video
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygX0TY3eAIw&feature=related[/ame]

Egypt 8 Bit

Does anyone know how the progress is coming along on the new album? I'm assuming since there hasn't been any recent updates it definately is not coming out this year. Do you think it is possible they are making a double disc?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. :)

I'm yet to hear a piece of music that captures the magic of ancient Egypt like SymX's 'Egypt' does.

8-bit Egypt is better than any song from PL.

I smell an opinion. And it doesn't smell too good!

Although I love V, I think the PL haters are getting out of control on this forum. It's definately not their best album in any way but it's still better than nearly anything else out there. I think SX would be depressed as hell if they were asked to make another V.

I always wondered how Russel did that thing with his voice on the chorus. I'm guessing a vocoder?

hmm, I'm not sure which lines of the chorus you're referring to. I don't hear a vocoder or a similar effect used in the entire song.

What I love about Russel's performance in V in general is how "theatrical" his singing is. From angelic and ethereal, to downright evil, deceptive, and vengeful, to epic and godly, to sad and tragic choirs... Absolutely great rendition of the lyrics.

Back to 'Egypt'; another thing particularly worth praising is Romeo's guitar solo. It's easy to shred/improvise some typical/random harmonic minor lines and call it a solo, but to instead make such tastefully written/recorded solo lines that fit the atmosphere so well (and actually contribute to it and to the overall musical journey of the song) is a mark of a true artist. - The same also goes for Pinella's piano outro.

I smell an opinion. And it doesn't smell too good!
What's wrong with thinking PL is a sub par album?

It's definately not their best album in any way but it's still better than nearly anything else out there.
You mean music in general? Absolutely not. Better than nearly all the albums of similar bands and artists? It could very well be.

Although I love V, I think the PL haters are getting out of control on this forum.
It is not about V vs. PL.

I think the amount of people who use the word 'haters' on the internet are getting out of control. This is the third time someone calls me a hater, today. As soon as someone present an opinion outside people's comfort zone they are 'haters'. Hate is an aggressive stance towards something.

I hate having headaches. I hate people who threaten me, my family or my friends.

Arguments and opinions I've been called a hater for, today:
I don't hate smokers, but I hate having to breathe smoke from other people and I'm glad smoking is banned in most public places. I don't hate any sort of music - I dislike it and avoid it. I don't hate coffee, I just think it tastes like hot dishwater and I question the quality of the taste buds belonging to people who like it. I don't hate muslims, I just don't think islam belongs in the western world. I don't hate any form of religion for that matter, I just think they should keep clear from politics. I don't hate cultural decadence, I think it's what people deserve. I don't hate Paradise Lost, it just disappoints me.

I hate dissapointment, I hate middle easterners nothing but trouble throughout my life, I hate coffee without the perfect mix of sugar and cream, I hate that I quit smoking for 7 years and started again, now I hate our government for unfairly taxing a single product in attempt to make up for thier mismanagement of money, I hate doing dishes, it makes my hands look funny and thus dont drink the water, I hate politics intruding on my culture and my country, I hate subpar hand held concert vids clogging up youtube

I find great merit in all Symphony X albums, this vid posted is pretty darn good

Im disappointed by whiny fans

Im happy now :devil:

hmm, I'm not sure which lines of the chorus you're referring to. I don't hear a vocoder or a similar effect used in the entire song.

What I love about Russel's performance in V in general is how "theatrical" his singing is. From angelic and ethereal, to downright evil, deceptive, and vengeful, to epic and godly, to sad and tragic choirs... Absolutely great rendition of the lyrics.

Back to 'Egypt'; another thing particularly worth praising is Romeo's guitar solo. It's easy to shred/improvise some typical/random harmonic minor lines and call it a solo, but to instead make such tastefully written/recorded solo lines that fit the atmosphere so well (and actually contribute to it and to the overall musical journey of the song) is a mark of a true artist. - The same also goes for Pinella's piano outro.

I mean when Russel goes "Five align". It sounds robotic to me. It reminds me of Forever from Into the Electric Castle.

What the hell is this? I meant fan videos for SX not anyone else.

I mean when Russel goes "Five align". It sounds robotic to me. It reminds me of Forever from Into the Electric Castle.

I see what you mean. Still, no special effect is used there either, just multiple layers of Russel's voice which, mixed together, create such effect. Cool isn't it?

I see what you mean. Still, no special effect is used there either, just Russel's voice recorded on multiple layers which, mixed together, create such effect. Cool isn't it?

Oh it sounds amazing! I can't believe he used to act at Medieval Times near Knotts Berry Farm! I used to go there all the time as a kid till I moved here to NY.

What's wrong with thinking PL is a sub par album?

You mean music in general? Absolutely not. Better than nearly all the albums of similar bands and artists? It could very well be.

It is not about V vs. PL.

I think the amount of people who use the word 'haters' on the internet are getting out of control. This is the third time someone calls me a hater, today. As soon as someone present an opinion outside people's comfort zone they are 'haters'. Hate is an aggressive stance towards something.

I hate having headaches. I hate people who threaten me, my family or my friends.

Arguments and opinions I've been called a hater for, today:
I don't hate smokers, but I hate having to breathe smoke from other people and I'm glad smoking is banned in most public places. I don't hate any sort of music - I dislike it and avoid it. I don't hate coffee, I just think it tastes like hot dishwater and I question the quality of the taste buds belonging to people who like it. I don't hate muslims, I just don't think islam belongs in the western world. I don't hate any form of religion for that matter, I just think they should keep clear from politics. I don't hate cultural decadence, I think it's what people deserve. I don't hate Paradise Lost, it just disappoints me.

I am sorry you don't like PL. It does very much however seem like this forum is divided between PL fans and V fans.

Absolutely 100% agreed. A lot of their playing on that one doesn't get enough credit.

As for the vid, pretty good. At one point I got a bit entranced by it and half expected Russell to come up from the bottom of the screen and sing:

RIIIIIIIIIIse MY MINIONs....................................... lol

Now that would have been fuckin' cool.

Oh it sounds amazing! I can't believe he used to act at Medieval Times near Knotts Berry Farm! I used to go there all the time as a kid till I moved here to NY.

Yes. I went there as a kid too and loved every minute of it.

It does very much however seem like this forum is divided between PL fans and V fans.

I'm in the Odyssey & Damnation-Twilight camp; but I infinitely infinitely prefer V to PL.

Yeah this video is amazing too

To me, Egypt is like the turning point of the V album. There is a HUGE climax then finally it leads to Rediscovery and it ends with the sound of waves :) If I am ever in a band someday I want to make albums like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. I went there as a kid too and loved every minute of it.

I'm in the Odyssey & Damnation-Twilight camp; but I infinitely infinitely prefer V to PL.

Yeah V is by far my favorite SX album and ties for my favorite of all time with Into the Electric Castle. I had downloaded PL and had it on my ipod for about a year and I thought it was going to suck because of the reviews I had heard then one night I got bored and listened to it all and loved it. It's not as good as V but it's still in my opinion a 10/10.