FANTÔMAS To Perform Entire 'The Director's Cut' Album At Chile's RockOut Festival

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Star-studded noise-mongers FANTÔMAS — who feature in their ranks FAITH NO MORE frontman Mike Patton, MELVINS guitarist Buzz Osborne, MR. BUNGLE bassist Trevor Dunn, and ex-SLAYER drummer Dave Lombardo — have been confirmed for the first-ever RockOut festival, set to take place December 6 at Espacio Broadway in Santiago, Chile. According to Lombardo, FANTÔMAS will perform its 2001 album, "The Director's Cut", in its entirety at the event, which will also feature appearances by DEVO and PRIMUS, among others.In a recent interview with Prog Sphere, Lombardo stated about FANTÔMAS: "It's one of the most amazing groups ever. I love that band. And I hope that Mike will say, 'Let's do this [again]!' My door is open. Mike and I, you know, we communicate. We have a great friendship."Speaking to A.V. Club in 2008, Patton was asked if there was "still action with" FANTÔMAS. "It's slowed down a little bit because we've gotten distracted with other things, but I've started writing a new record," he said. "It's gonna be a bit of a stretch for us. I want to try to make an all-electronic record. I'm trying to figure out how to do that, the practicalities of doing that. So I don't think it will be out [for some time], but the band is still very much in my mind."The brainchild of Patton, "Fantômas" is an anti-hero from a series of pre-WWI French crime novels, sometimes dubbed the "lord of terror."FANTÔMAS' latest album, "Suspended Animation", came out in June 2005. The effort contained 30 tracks, each titled after a different day in the month of April. FANTÔMAS' three previous releases regaled listeners with a sci-fi homage ("Fantômas", 1999), a celebration of the best in film composition ("The Director's Cut", 2001) and a one-song album ("Delirium Cordia", 2004). FAITH NO MORE, which reunited in 2009 for a series of sold-out performances and international festivals, is currently recording its first full-length album since 1997's "Album Of The Year". An April 2015 release is expected.
Post by Dave Lombardo.

RockOutFest2014fantomas.jpg

More...