Fat Lazy Cabs - AVAILABLE NOW ! | Black Friday 2021 Sale (50% Off until Monday)

Redline4

Jul 8, 2010
Get the Fat Lazy Cabs impulse response collection for 9.99$ !
It's a 50% discount off of the regular price. Ends monday 29th !

Buy Here : longueurdonde.ca/shop/flc

Hi guys,

Some of you might know me from this thread : The best impulses since s-preshigh... And they're free !

And I wanted to thank you all for the amazing support. :kickass:

Let me introduce you to my brand new impulse response collection :

- 8 mix ready guitar cabinets impulse responses.
- 4 world famous guitar cabinets.
- 3 formats : .wav, .syx, .kipr.
- 1 perfect tone.​

Pre-amplifier simulators used in this video :

- TSE x50 v2.4
- LePou Hybrit
- Guitar Rig 5

Note: No poweramp emulation or post-eq was used in any of those clips. Only the pre-amplifier simulators followed by the FLC IRs. Nothing else before or after. And I have to add that I am REALLY proud to be a part of TSE x50's new release. This IR pack will be featured in the new version that is going to be released really soon ! Again, thanks so much John for the great opportunity.

BUY HERE: www.longueurdonde.ca/shop/flc

This project really means a lot to me since I've put all my heart in it. These impulses are what I think, the best that I have created. It would mean the world to me if some of you would grab a copy of that new collection of mine.

If you buy it, feel free to share some sound clips in this thread ! i'd love to hear what you guys can do with them.

Go give my facebook page a like if you feel generous too !

FAT LAZY CABS

Rock on guys :headbang:,

- Redline4 (aka Joël Côté Bergevin)

Attachments

• 15123405_805781916231320_5116078244709487761_o.jpg
    15123405_805781916231320_5116078244709487761_o.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
For some stupid reason, I had no idea this whole thing was you, Joël. Do you or anyone else have any clue how these (or impulses in general) actually perform in the KPA? I've never swapped in an actual impulse that wasn't made with the Kemper and based on how accurate that swapping was up until now (haven't tried merged profiles/3.0 yet) I could imagine some strange results. Seemed like some crosstalk between amp/cab models, more or less.

So, if we have Tse X50 we will get these in the newest update? Or are there cabs in this pack that aren't being included?

Either way, I'm sure I'll love these. Tropicana is my most used IR now!

For some stupid reason, I had no idea this whole thing was you, Joël. Do you or anyone else have any clue how these (or impulses in general) actually perform in the KPA? I've never swapped in an actual impulse that wasn't made with the Kemper and based on how accurate that swapping was up until now (haven't tried merged profiles/3.0 yet) I could imagine some strange results. Seemed like some crosstalk between amp/cab models, more or less.

Just for shits and giggles, I loaded the V30 OwnHammer pack I bought a couple of months ago into my Kemper recently. There might be a small difference in the dynamics, but honestly, I preferred the impulses to some of the cabs that the profiles were captured with. But the older firmware, if I've understood correctly from what I've read, leaves some residual character from the previous cab, whereas the new firmware, if the amp is profiled separately, does not, so impulses should theoretically sound even more realistic.

Glorious sounding cabs! Bought 'em.

Thanks a lot Max !!

So, if we have Tse X50 we will get these in the newest update? Or are there cabs in this pack that aren't being included?

Either way, I'm sure I'll love these. Tropicana is my most used IR now!

Yes you will get these in the newest X50 update ! All the same cabs are included. And thank you !

I've had some people doing beta testing with the Kemper. It took a while to figure out how to make it work (there was problems with firmware and Cab Maker versions). But it technically should work as expected when inserting the .kipr via USB. But that's the only way to get them in. Directly from Kemper techs:

''Ok, got it, the issue is a wrong hint in the new Addendum and Reference Manual. Rig Manager cannot handle Presets like Cabinet Presets, just Rigs. You need to use a USB-stick to import the Cabinet Presets. Sorry!''

Joël, glad your IRs made it into x50 for the upcoming update. Congrats :) They've been a pleasure to use in testing.

~scott

Pre-amplifier simulators used in this video :

- TSE x50 v2.4
- LePou Hybrit
- Guitar Rig 5

Note: No poweramp emulation or post-eq was used in any of those clips. Only the pre-amplifier simulators followed by the FLC IRs. Nothing else before or after. And I have to add that I am REALLY proud to be a part of TSE x50's new release. This IR pack will be featured in the new version that is going to be released really soon ! Again, thanks so much John for the great opportunity.

I'm honoured to get to include this IR pack in our upcoming update, they simply sounds fantastic.
I hope our current and future X50 users will find this IR pack just as interesting as well, and support your development of new IR packs by purchasing it if they want the chance to use it with other ampsims/IRConvolvers :headbang:

-John

Thanks for the feedback guys! I really appreciate the support. If you liked my previous pack, you'll LOVE these new ones. Guaranteed.

Website is unavailable???

ARGH!!!!!

EDIT: I finally got the payment to work but I must have tried 20 times! Literally. I tried different browsers and even MAC/PC. Looking forward to hearing these impulses first hand. Your previous ones were killer! Thank you for all your hard work!

Weird, never encountered this issue ! I'm sorry you had a hard time with the website. But thanks for the kind words, hope you will enjoy these as much :)

can't wait to try them in the X50 upate! Wish I wasn't broke so I could buy them now.

I would assume not since it would be illegal to distribute them without Fractal's approval. You can convert them to ultra res through cab lab though.

sorry my bad, i was thinking of the wav files
and if these are suitable for ultra res convertion :)