Fave Symphony X abums...

Thorns of Sorrow

My pic is squished
Apr 18, 2002
New York City
Visit site
Yes I know its a lame thread, but we gotta start somewhere! ;) And we gotta break in the new BB with some old school threads..:D

1.) TDWoT
2.) Damnation Game
3.) Twilight in olympus
4.) Live on the Edge of Forevor
5.) V
6.) Symphony X

I dunno, I think I am one of the few people who didnt really enjoy V that much, iy was awesome, dont get me wrong, but like yeah didnt have any lasting effect on me. I also sorta liked the first S/T album, i think Romeo's playing was really raw then and a lot more shreddy. Also, as you can see my user name comes from my favorite song on the album as well as being one of my top 5 SyX songs :D

TDWoT is one of those are times in music, where everything us just clicking perfectly. I think Russel really found his place in that band on that album. "The Accolade" is really a triumphant piece of music, great vocal performance. So many good songs on that album. Of sins and shadows, title track, sea of lies...damn thats a classic.

Damnation game and Twilight to me sort of are even as far as musicality goes. Through the looking glass is a super Dream theater song, lol the intro sounds like Surrounded, and Smoke and Mirrors smokes. Im not a fan of Sonata, I dunno its just to short IMO, wouldve been awesome if they developed it some more, but from talk with Romeo, hes said that they wanted to do a long song on that album, but just couldnt fit it in.

Well, there you go please feel free to share...

-Thornie

btw Ill also add certain criticisms of certain songs that i have, but lets all get the nice stuff outta way first :) lol I dont wanna come off as too much of an ass kisser, inless Romeo or Russel start posting here, in that case Ill pucker up :lol:

I'm actually really new to SymX and just got V a few days ago. I've since listened to it a number of times through and it's pretty much all i'm listening to at the moment. Infact, i'm listening to it as i type this :D It's also now tied at number one album along with Scenes From A Memory by Dream Theater. I can't wait for SymX's new album to come out :D

1.TDWoT
2.Twilight In olympus
3.Damnation Game
4.Symphony X
5.V (yep thats V at the bottom)

and...(well I dont think you can compare a live album to the studio ones..):
6.Live on the Edge of Forever

Hello everybody!
it's cool to be here!

you know what! that's unfair, we've done the same poll on the French forum:))
that's funny to see that the ideas cross the ocean!:))
on this French forum there is also a fucking rumour which said that the band has played in blegium in Graspop. Obviously it's untrue but you can be lucky because th band seems to be interested in a North American tour! bououou!! come on in Europe please:)))

SYX rullzzz!!

painkillerqueen

Here it is my CD order :)

1. V / Twilight in Olympus / DWOT
2. Damnation Game / SyX / LOTEOF

yeah .. 1 st Place all those 3 CDS are just the TOP OF THE TOP! and then the rest :cool:

So GREETINGS! ;)

To me (and i said TO ME!!! *puts on the flame protection armor* :p) just doesnt have much sense this question, since i have found to like a SyX album more than another in some periods of my life and to have a reversed situation in other periods...
Anyways, the 3 albums that are constantly spinning in and out my 1st position are Divine Wings of Tragedy (it was the first SyX album i listened, and that made me love this band, so it always has a special touch to me), Twilight in Olympus and V (no particular order)...
Damnation Game is great, but to me is half a step below those 3; the self titled album goes in last place because of the singer's voice, Russell Allen just happens to be my fav singer so... ;)

And, like Lutz said, i cant compare the live album with the studio ones (it's just something different), even if it shows how great this band is in its live peformances!!!

X-Greets,
Knight_

Divine wings of tragedy!! I can listen to it over and over again, i just love that album! The accolade and the eyes of Medusa are my fav songs. This album is just pure magic, imo. ;)
I like the other albums too, but DWOT is the best.

xxx Iris xxx

greetings :) i've been listening to symphony x for quite some time but it's still hard to say wich are my favorite albums:mad:

V and Divine Wings Of Tragedy dead tie :p
next would be Twilight in Olympus and live on the edge of forever
Symphony X
and last but not least Damnation Game :D

is this the same track-listing on the live album in America and in Europ or even in Japan?
For what i have seen, i think the track-list is the same for the american and the european releases. As for the japanese one, i dont really know (we will have to wait for some japan'Xer to join here and enlight us on this question ;) )

X-Greets,
Knight_

My favorite is DWoT, it’s certainly one the best progressive metal albums to date. The Accolade is one of my favorite songs; I love the acoustic work in the beginning and how it just explodes from there.

Divine Wings of Tragedy, one of my all time favorite albums
Twlight in Olympus
V
The Damnation Game (Edge of Forever is a beautiful, magnificent piece of music)
The Dark Chapter (I just had to throw this one in here :p )
S/T (the vocals REALLY bother me!)

Well... For me, the list goes as follows:

1. The Divine Wings of Tragedy
2. The Damnation Game
3. Live on the Edge of Forever
4. V
5. Twilight in Olympus
6. Symphony X

But, they're all great. And I agree with ya Thornie... The most delightful songs are on The Divine Wings of Tragedy. Definitely a favorite album of mine. But they're all good. :)